Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random stalling won't restart right away

And now after wiggling some wires around the fuse box I can't get it to act up now......

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    great. So are intermittent fuse box connections something we have to look forward to @400,000 Kms?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

I think I found the problem. Another connector with a tiny ass trace of corrosion on one wire. I fired the engine up and started unplugging all the connectors around where I was wiggling til the car died. Had to look pretty close but I'm pretty sure this is the problem. For some reason the connector was wet. Not sure if or how water get in there?

I'll post a pic in a bit. Damn these cars are finicky when it comes to wiring.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Mirage videos:

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-04-2019),inuvik (11-04-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Intermittent Wiring issues have always been my worst nightmare be it autos, sailboats, aircraft, motorcycles, you name it. I really hope neither of my Mirages go down because of wiring.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Yeah stupid wiring. Now I'm not entirely sure it's just the one brown wire, I cut it and the car stays running. I bypassed the connector for the one wire and sprayed the rest of the connectors with cleaner and lathered on some petroleum jelly cause I don't have dielectric grease right now and I'm in a hurry. There was some water drops in a few connectors just above the fuse box. But couldn't find any traces of water coming in. That'll be great if water is getting in the car right where all the computers are.

It is possible the driver had wet shoes and was going doing some weird things down there splashing around? So, I'm not entirely confident this one won't be coming back with the same problem.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I can barely see any corrosion, you got eyes like f@cking eagle brother!

Was a crapy pic, it was a bit green between the brown wire on the corner and the white wire next to it. I'm not positive that was the problem but I know it is something around the fuse box under the dash. It's back on the road for now. It sure feels like Monday...

Mirage videos: