Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible very bad news regarding 2020 5 dr.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Possible very bad news regarding 2020 5 dr.

I had a call from Bank Street Mitsubishi in Ottawa today.

The sales dude wanted to know if I was in the market to move to a newer car. I told them back in 2016 when I bought my first Mirage to call me in the fall if there were any spectacular deals. Anyhow, I'm digressing.

They have a single 5dr available, 2019 at a so-so price. They have an abundance of G4s.

Here's the rub. Mitsubishi has not provided Bank Street with any information on the 2020 hatchback. There is no firm date for them to get cars, there is no literature, and the sales guy is reasonably sure Canada won't be getting 2020 hatchbacks.

Take this with a grain of salt at this time, but if there's any truth to this, Mits has just shot themselves in both feet, and in the head for good measure.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Mitsubishi has already announced the small changes for the 2020 Mirages. Unless its just Canada your worried about not getting the 2020s? Maybe because yall have the Nissan Micras already?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Mitsubishi has already announced the small changes for the 2020 Mirages. Unless its just Canada your worried about not getting the 2020s? Maybe because yall have the Nissan Micras already?
    That's what I was thinking. Nissan might want to push the Micra hard here. The G4 must be higher margin car for Mits so taking away the hatchback choice will make them more money?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I had a call from Bank Street Mitsubishi in Ottawa today.

The sales dude wanted to know if I was in the market to move to a newer car. I told them back in 2016 when I bought my first Mirage to call me in the fall if there were any spectacular deals. Anyhow, I'm digressing.

They have a single 5dr available, 2019 at a so-so price. They have an abundance of G4s.

Here's the rub. Mitsubishi has not provided Bank Street with any information on the 2020 hatchback. There is no firm date for them to get cars, there is no literature, and the sales guy is reasonably sure Canada won't be getting 2020 hatchbacks.

Take this with a grain of salt at this time, but if there's any truth to this, Mits has just shot themselves in both feet, and in the head for good measure.

Sounds like a lot of speculation to me. In the States, I've noticed the new model Mirages seem to arrive a little later each year. I test drove 2018 Mirage in October of 2017. My new 2017 Mirage was delivered to my home on October 20, 2017, but the 2018 models were around for a bit already. Last year the 2019 models came much later, and this year the 2020 don't seem to be on the horizon yet.

Personally, I think your salesman is just feeding you a line to help a possible sale happen. As far as literature goes, the Mirages haven't really changed other than giving the base model more standard features, & creating more trim levels (ES, RF, LE, SE, GT).

Apparently, a base level G4 isn't offered in Canada. The Mirage starts @ $10,998 there verses the G4 starting @ $15,498. That's quite a difference!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Sounds like a lot of speculation to me. In the States, I've noticed the new model Mirages seem to arrive a little later each year. I test drove 2018 Mirage in October of 2017. My new 2017 Mirage was delivered to my home on October 20, 2017, but the 2018 models were around for a bit already. Last year the 2019 models came much later, and this year the 2020 don't seem to be on the horizon yet.

Personally, I think your salesman is just feeding you a line to help a possible sale happen. As far as literature goes, the Mirages haven't really changed other than giving the base model more standard features, & creating more trim levels (ES, RF, LE, SE, GT).

Apparently, a base level G4 isn't offered in Canada. The Mirage starts @ $10,998 there verses the G4 starting @ $15,498. That's quite a difference!
    For some reason, the Mirage hatch ALWAYS seems to be the last model to hit the lots for the new model year.

Yup, they even forgot to put out a 2016. Maybe they'll just keep selling the 19's next year in Canada and skip the 2020 model year. Or maybe the dealer was just full of shart and just want's you to buy their old 19's.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They didn't "forget" to sell the '16s. LOL

FWIW, Mitsubishi Canada's media page only lists the RVR and Eclipse Cross for 2020 thus far. I see the Mitsubishi Canada's site lists the 2020 Eclipse Cross, Outlander, and RVR only.

Yes, they forgot. Attachment 15704
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-19-2019),MetroMPG (11-20-2019)

I wonder if the dealership person mixed up the news that the G4 is being canned, but the hatch will continue for 2020. Spotted a report to that effect yesterday:

Thread: Report: G4 discontinued in Canada - hatchback to continue

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-23-2019)

A mitsubishi dealer make a mistake? Unheard of!

Mirage videos: