Thread: Electric Car Rant

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Electric Car Rant

In all the years of having electric cars they still have not found a good solution to the charging problem. People keep pushing these electric car sales for the environment and yet for a good chunk of the population they are completely unusable and inaccessible.

Everyone seems to forget most people in a city live in an apartment. None of these apartments (only the luxury ones) have electric vehicle chargers. Most peoples jobs don't have chargers. Most city streets don't have chargers. Even when your apartment/job/town does you have to fight for the same 4 electric charger spots with everyone else. This makes fueling your car a game of musical chairs every time.

For people who live in rural areas there are just no electric vehicle chargers besides your house. This makes going 100-200+ miles impossible. Depending on if you shell $5000-10000 out for the long range version I suppose you might get a few extra miles.

Road trips are still impossible even with the Tesla Superchargers. Takes way too long to charge. Every time I go to Wawa there is 6 electric chargers and I see 5 people waiting next to their Teslas board to tears with nothing to do.

If you are making six figures and living out in the suburbs sure a model S might work amazing for you. Too bad for everyone else. Honestly I am not sure why they stopped working on the electric car standard battery that could be changed out at service stations. That was the most promising idea but I guess they don't want to do that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirageman38 For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-19-2019)