Thread: Electric Car Rant

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In my opinion it is still to early to jump on the "electric car" bandwagon. The technology is not fully mature. The infrastructure is sparse. Because of that to buy one in 2019 would make you an "early adopter".

The early adopters of flat screen TVs paid over $5000 for a living room tv. ANd the earlier HDTVs where not fully flat like what you see today, they where "projection tv" sized and 3 feet deep (They stuck out 3 feet from the wall I mean).

Nowadays you can get a completely flat LCD flat screen tv for $300 for a living room. Compare that to the >$5000 that the early adopters paid and they paid it for a more ancient iteration of the technology we see today.

Ands its the same with electric cars. I personally will wait at least 10 more years. Wait until its "mass produced on a large scale" and wait until you can get one for under $10,000. In my case i will just keep the Mirage until them.

I certainly dont approve of the USA goverment subsidizing the price of electrics or "buy-back programs" for getting gasoline vehicles off the road such as Obama's Cash4Clunkers program .......in any way manipulating the market forces. They should step back and allow it to happen organically. If you hear some of these "green" politicians talk it sounds like they are planning to take older cars such as 1996 "off the road" in one way or another. And will use the "excuses" of emmisions/global warming and so forth.

Big government just keeps getting bigger and bigger and they are stripping us of more and more of our freedoms every day. And the mandatory backup cameras" and "robot emergency braking" that they are going to mandate on all vehicles is a perfect example. I would not be surprised to see them outlaw manual transmissions on new cars as well. That is the trend, they continue pushing their ideas BY FORCE which is the seeds of Tyranny.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

Mirageman38 (10-22-2019)