Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What goes here

Country
    United States
    Thanks

What goes here

Well, I am curious about the 2 blank spots on the dashboard next to the mirror switch and the car with squiggly lines under it switch! Anyone have an idea as to what options would be here! I would post a photo but I have no clue how to do that

One was used for dealer installed bluetooth, the other maybe a shut off for the auto start/stop feature we don't have? I may be wrong about the later. Likely just features for other markets.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

iriegnome (10-25-2019)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I have a headlight level adjuster, and an AS&G switch there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Space Wolf For This Useful Post:

iriegnome (10-25-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Headlight level adjuster? hmmm. I'm very interested in that for when I have a trailer connected. can you provide more info?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

iriegnome (10-25-2019)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    It's a 4 of 5 positions rotation knob. If you change the position, the headlights are levelled up or down. I think electrical.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Space Wolf For This Useful Post:

iriegnome (10-25-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Why does the Netherlands get all the cool features like 1.0, AS&G, rear fog lights, auto windshield wipers, auto lights, daytime lights, and headlight level adjusters making me jealous... I bet the 2020 will even be self driving in the Neatherlands.
    Last edited by Mirageman38; 10-25-2019 at 08:00 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirageman38 For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-09-2021)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Headlight level adjusters became mandatory in Europe at least 25 years or so ago.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Why does the Netherlands get all the cool features like 1.0, AS&G, rear fog lights, auto windshield wipers, auto lights, daytime lights, and headlight level adjusters making me jealous... I bet the 2020 will even be self driving in the Neatherlands.
    My history with the current Mirage only goes back to the summer of 2017. You couldn't add anything to a Mirage to make me more interested in it back then or now. Brand new Mirage ES manuals selling for $9500 or $9000 (with Ally financing) caught my attention back then. If I had qualified for the loyalty rebate &/or the veteran rebates, I could have bought a brand new Mirage ES manual for $8000-something. To me, that was amazing! If it weren't for the low pricing, I wouldn't have never given the Mirage a thought.

As more standard features are added each year, the Mirage has become less & less appealing to me. It's made the base model more expensive, & it apparently justifies increasing the price for all the trim levels even though the top trim levels haven't changed in years.

I had this discussion with Richard (now owner of White Bear Mitsubishi) back in October of 2017. We both felt $8,000-10,000 Mirages weren't going to continue, because of the standard features being added each year & raising the overall price of the Mirage. In many ways, that has happened. I don't think I could get a new 2019 Mirage ES manual for $9000 or under two years later. I could justify paying an extra $500 for standard cruise, but I wouldn't want to pay extra for anything else.

I really like my Mirage. It's affordable, reliable, & very economical. I could care less about features, but that's me. I wouldn't pay a lot of money for a Mirage, but a highly discounted Mirage is a great value! I wish the 5 trim levels meant something. Offer a true base model & an upper trim level that's loaded with everything some people desire.

The addition of standard features each year sort of make me question the need for 5 trim levels? Each year, the differences between the ES & GT are less & less. Some may even prefer a RF over a GT, because of the Rockford system.

If the lower priced trim levels (ES, RF, & LE) get auto climate controls in 2020, what makes the SE worth more?
    LE has heated seats, not the SE.
    LE has 15" alloy wheels, the SE has 14".
    LE may have a nicer looking interior to some.
    What does a higher priced SE give you besides push button start?

My point is the trim levels have become an overlap of existing features. I like base level vehicles, and they don't really exist any more. I may be totally wrong, but I believe a cheap Mirage will draw more attention than loaded overpriced one. It was cheap Mirages that caught my attention.

Most people don't even give Mitsubishi a thought. I met my cousin from Milwaukee in Madison for supper last weekend. He wasn't aware of a Mitsubishi dealer in the Milwaukee area. He didn't think they had one. They do have ONE, but it's an afterthought (dealership that sells Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, KIA, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, & Mitsubishi).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree with you 100% Mark. I just like the option of being able to add the things I want and the car having the ability to have them/not have them in the first place. An ideal solution would be having an ordering system online where they just put their cheap price, no haggling needed, right from Mitsubishi, no dealer needed, and you could select each and every accessory you wanted. If you want none great. If you want em all great. I probably would have ordered mine without power windows or Cruise if they offered it and it saved $500.

The current packages/dealership model is a gimmick and then the dealers are forced to push the models they already ordered even if it is not what you truly want. When I was shopping for my car I was told I could only get it in White or Black. I was like you better believe I will get it in whatever color I want. I am not buying one just because it is sitting on the lot.

Also the MSRP is really hurting the recognition of the mirage at over $16k for the ES. Many websites point out the Chevy Sparc LS, Nissan, and Ford because they have a lower MSRP. All of the people recommending new cars never apparently find out the OTD price on the Mirage is less than all of those... if that was factored in I think it would be more recommended. The only reason I started looking at it in the first place was when I saw dealers listing them brand new for $10k. Also if they lowered the MSRP it would help us all out on sales tax.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Headlight level adjusters became mandatory in Europe at least 25 years or so ago.
    Yet over here they would prefer to lock down the headlight adjustments so us dumb*ss end users won't end up blinding, say, emergency services.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)