Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What goes here

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iriegnome View Post
    Well, I am curious about the 2 blank spots on the dashboard next to the mirror switch and the car with squiggly lines under it switch! Anyone have an idea as to what options would be here! I would post a photo but I have no clue how to do that
    That's where the Flux Capacitor enable switch goes in the North American models. It doesn't really show up in promotional photos but forum old-timers can spot one right away.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

iriegnome (10-30-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That's where the Flux Capacitor enable switch goes in the North American models. It doesn't really show up in promotional photos but forum old-timers can spot one right away.
    At least the question is being answered!

Sounds like an assortments of features depending on where you live.

My panel (2017 Mirage ES) has the traction control & added Bluetooth option in that spot. That was before Bluetooth became a standard feature on the steering wheel of all Mirages in 2018. That all changed when backup cameras became mandatory in 2018, too.

Most likely - AS&G & adjustable height headlights are the most common features in that spot. When the Flux Capacitor becomes standard equipment, I am upgrading to a new Mirage!

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Yet over here they would prefer to lock down the headlight adjustments so us dumb*ss end users won't end up blinding, say, emergency services.
    In European mandatory vehicle ispections, they will always set the headlight beam fully upwards by means of the controls inside the unladen car, then measure to confirm the beam has correct height.
    Starting out from the correct beam height with an unladen car, you can only adjust the beam further downwards. That should prevent anyone from blinding others, which why it became mandatory in all new cars. I'm not so sure since when, but probably since the mid 80's.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Why does the Netherlands get all the cool features like 1.0, AS&G, rear fog lights, auto windshield wipers, auto lights, daytime lights, and headlight level adjusters making me jealous... I bet the 2020 will even be self driving in the Neatherlands.
    Well, as foama already said, headlight level adjusters are mandatory. About AS&G, I think it's tax driven. In the Netherlands you pay a special tax on new cars (and motorcycles) called BPM. The tax rate is mainly determined by the CO2 exhaust per kilometer. By adding AS&G the BPM is about €800 lower. Which can be added to the profit margin.
    About the 1.0, we don't have mountains. That might be a big difference. (Although I have driven my 1.0 in the Scottish Highlands and in Norway, and it took every slope without any problems. Yet sometimes you shouldn't be in a hurry.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I believe a cheap Mirage will draw more attention than loaded overpriced one. It was cheap Mirages that caught my attention.
    Isn't that all about competition? Some days ago I read on this forum that only 4 subcompacts are left in the US. To sell your car you only have to be (slightly) better than them.
    Here the price range is from €12490 for the Entry (yes, that's the trim name), to €20290 for the Instyle CVT. (That is including BPM, VAT, ...) The Entry doesn't have airco, cruise, AS&G, rear power windows, remote, ... . But here we have dozens of subcompacts. So the competition is tough. (Yet I don't know what happened to the €8950 2013 Entry)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    When the Flux Capacitor becomes standard equipment, I am upgrading to a new Mirage!
    Finally - an option with appeal!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

iriegnome (10-30-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Finally - an option with appeal!
    Well if pie in the sky stuff is Ok, I'll request a fire control button for my XM214 microgun. Nothing says road rage quite like firing 4,000rpm at the idiot in front of you who's 100msec slow starting after the light turns green.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-05-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I meant an option that appeals to Mark.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I meant an option that appeals to Mark.
    Eggman - I totally got your inside joke meant for me!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    It's a 4 of 5 positions rotation knob. If you change the position, the headlights are levelled up or down. I think electrical.
    The US market needs this option!!