Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage / Space Star awards & accomplishments

Mirage / Space Star awards & accomplishments

Name:  mirage-coty.jpg
Views: 3402
Size:  57.6 KB

Despite being a modest machine, the Mirage has collected a few awards this year. I thought I'd start a thread to list them, plus any other notable accomplishments.

Awards

Car of the Year 2012-2013 (Philippines)
    Over 50 members from the Philippines' broadcast, print and online media outlets took part in this year's voting which saw the Mirage taking top place.
    Read more: The Philippines "Car of the Year" award goes to *drum rolls* ... Mirage!

Best New Sub-Compact Car 2014
    (U.S.A. - Hispanic Motor Press Awards)
    HMPA said: "With its low price, exemplary fuel economy, surprisingly ample cargo volume, comprehensive safety features, and available upscale amenities, the new Mirage is an excellent all-around value"
    Read more: 2014 Mirage named "Best Sub-Compact Car" by the Hispanic Motor Press Awards

Best City Car of 2013
    (Australia - Drive)
    In a big upset, the Mirage de-throned VW's Polo, which took the award the previous 3 years.
    Read more: Australia: Mirage named "Best City Car of 2013" w/video (drive.com.au)

Light Car of the Year (New Zealand - NZ Company Vehicle Magazine)
    Mirage takes an award by a magazine jury that evaluates vehicles for business use.
    See: New Zealand: Mirage wins award for light business car of the year

Best Fleet Value In Canada (2014)
    Mirage had the "lowest total cost of ownership in every one of the 24 lifecycle scenarios measured."
    Mirage awarded "Best Value / Lowest Total Cost of Ownership" in Canada - Vincentric

Car of the Year Awards 2013 (Thailand)
    Mirage "hit the highest score to win Best Hatchback under 1,200 c.c.”
    Mitsubishi Thailand press release: Mitsubishi Mirage, Triton and Pajero Sport won

Australia's Best Cars (2014)
    Entry level Mirage takes the micro car category
    Australia: Mirage named "best in class" in car of the year awards

Best New Sub-Compact Car 2017 (U.S.A. - Hispanic Motor Press Awards)
    Read more: Mitsubishi Mirage G4 sedan awarded Hispanic Motor Press subcompact car of the year

Other notable accomplishments

5-star safety rating
    (Australia - ANCAP)
    An overall score of 34.07 (out of 37).
    Thread: Video & details: Mirage crash test - top 5-star rating by ANCAP

Most fuel efficient non-hybrid vehicle (Canada / U.S.A.)
    This is for the 1.2L car with CVT (U.S. EPA / NRCAN combined rating)
    Thread: 2014 Mirage gas mileage: best MPG in its class in U.S./Canada

Lowest total cost of ownership
    (Australia and New Zealand)
    Several Australian auto associations crunched the numbers and found the purchase + operating costs of the Mirage to be the lowest around.
    Thread: Mirage is cheapest new car to own/run in Australia (RACV/RACQ/NRMA)
    And again in 2018: Mirage takes "cheapest to own" crown again in Australia

Most fuel efficient non-hybrid in Japan
    This is for the 1.0L car.
    Thread: 1.0L Mirage/Space Star: best non-hybrid fuel economy in Japan (JC08)

Most fuel efficient vehicle with a manual transmission (Canada / U.S.A.)
    Tied with the Ford Fiesta Ecoboost 1.0t at 37 MPG (US) combined
    Thread: 2014 Mirage 1.2 vs. Ford Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost - which has better mileage/fuel economy?

Highest model loyalty 2 years running (U.S.A.)
    "Mitsubishi Mirage had the greatest percentage of owners [in its segment] who returned to market and purchased or leased another Mitsubishi Mirage in the 2014 model year"Thread: Mirage recognized for top model loyalty

2017: Lowest cost of ownership (U.S.A.)
    Recognized as best in its class considering eight different cost factors: depreciation, fees & taxes, financing, fuel, insurance, maintenance, opportunity cost and repairs.
    Thread: Mirage awarded "Lowest Cost of Ownership" in its class in U.S. - Vincentric

2017: Cheapest car to lease (U.S.A.)
    Recognized as most affordable lease, including fuel & insurance costs.
    Thread: Mirage recognized as "cheapest car to lease" in the U.S.

2020: Best Pre-owned Value (U.S.A.)

Mitsubishi Mirage and Mirage G4 sedan received the 2020 Vincentric Best CPO Value in America awards
    Thread: Mirage awarded "Lowest Cost of Ownership" in its class in U.S. - Vincentric

2019: Most Reliable Used Cars (Australia)
    Australians were asked to rate their cars for reliability. Coming in first, by a clear margin, as the most reliable brand, was Mitsubishi.
    Thread: Mirage recommended as one of the most reliable used cars

More accolades

#1 car in "Top 10 New Cars for Penny Pinchers"
    (U.S.A.) as ranked by Cars.com
    Thread: US: Mirage is #1 best bang for your buck -- Cars.com

Best Environmental Performance (U.S.A.) Awarded by the Automotive Science Group based on life-cycle analysis.
    Thread: Mirage wins another award: best Environmental/Social/Economic performance

ACEEE Greenest Vehicles List
    (U.S.A.) Named by the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy's (ACEEE).
    Thread: 2014 Mirage named one of the "greenest" new cars by ACEEE, and again in 2015

The 5 greenest cars of 2014
    (U.S.A)
    The Mirage is selected in one of 5 different powertrain categories as the most efficient gasoline powered non-hybrid.
    Thread: US: The 5 greenest cars of 2014 (Greener Ideal)

Best and Worst Cars I've Driven This Year
    (U.S. - Jalopnik)
    Writer Raphael Orlove makes a case for the entertainment value in a light weight, low-powered city car.
    Thread: US: 2014 Mirage -- Best and Worst Cars I've Driven This Year (Jalopnik.com)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

allrock (03-22-2021),BostonJellyBean (12-02-2016),CLARK (12-03-2013),Cleartec (05-03-2016),Daox (12-02-2013),elaine122681 (12-02-2013),fifteenwindow (12-01-2013),Mikhail (12-01-2013)

Added another award, this time "small business car of the year" from NZ.

In a separate evaluation, a NZ government study has also ranked the Mirage as having the lowest cost of ownership, as was found in Australia. See: Mirage is cheapest new car to own/run in Australia (RACV/RACQ/NRMA)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Keep them coming!!!!!!

Found another one: Thailand, Best Hatchback under 1,200 c.c. in 2013

I'm pretty sure we'll also see the Mirage take the crown for "lowest total cost of ownership" in Canada/US once the numbers are crunched. Currently the Nissan Versa sedan holds that spot, but the Mirage's much better fuel consumption should give the Nissan a run for its money.

Added a link to Jalopnik's Best/Worst list.

Added: ACEEE Greenest Vehicles List (U.S.A.)

Added: Automotive Science Group awards based on life-cycle analysis.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Mikhail (02-05-2014)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Added: Automotive Science Group awards based on life-cycle analysis.
    Thanks for adding that.

As a current Lancer owner, I'm very glad that the company produced my car received three awards "Best All-Around Performance" in:

MINI-COMPACT CAR (Number 1):
    Name:  best1.jpg
Views: 2551
Size:  11.8 KB

CROSSOVER SUV:
    Name:  best2.jpg
Views: 2283
Size:  7.6 KB

MID-SIZE SUV:
    Name:  best3.jpg
Views: 2174
Size:  7.2 KB

And what's interesting is that the main page of http://www.automotivescience.com/ has chosen the Mitsubishi Pajero.
    Name:  best4.jpg
Views: 2623
Size:  17.5 KB

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikhail For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-09-2014)

Added to the list: #1 car for best bang for your buck, according to Cars.com

Added new award: "Best Value / Lowest Total Cost of Ownership" in Canada - Vincentric