Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
I guess an optimist would say who knows of course, but the writing does seem like it's on the wall for Nissan.

Chrysler was at that point before too in the 80s, and they rebounded. I like Nissan's cars. But they don't have the reputation of a Toyota or Honda. Some of that golden reputation is inflated anyways I'm sure. You can get a lemon with any brand. Even any model, if you have bad luck.

For Nissan though, things don't look good when there are scandals on the front page of the business section.
In my opinion -

Renault has done very little to improve the image of Nissan. My money would go elsewhere.

Fiat has done very little for Chrysler's image, too. I don't think Chrysler has rebounded. If people weren't going gaga over full size pickup trucks and Jeep owner's weren't so loyal, I think Chrysler would become history. You couldn't even get me to look at a Chrysler product these days.

I had more respect for Mitsubishi prior to the merger with Renault/Nissan.

I am not overly impressed with any automotive company these days. I would no longer buy any vehicle with a new (unproven) engine or transmission these days, and that includes Toyota & Honda.

I do admire Suzuki somewhat. I sort of like their line up of small vehicles, including their new Jimny. Sadly, we have to admire them from a distance.

Assembling the Mitsubishi Triton in the States & selling them here, would probably help Mitsubishi more than anything. I don't sense Mitsubishi has their act together as company either.

I really like my Mirage, but I would dread having to visit my local Mitsubishi dealership. I've never been so turned off by a dealership before. Even their local radio ads are horrible & painful to listen to.

As far as the Micra goes, any small subcompact that gets less than 40 mpg would be a deal breaker for me. A small car has to be affordable, reliable, and very economical to drive for me to own one. That's why i have a Mirage parked in my driveway.