Thread: Amazon hitches

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Amazon hitches

Amazon shipped my hitch without instructions or mounting hardware.

HAs anyone purchased a hitch from Amazon lately? The Curt 111394?

I've requested an exchange but darn, why did have to be such an awkward bulky thing to ship back?

Last edited by Wallythacker; 10-30-2019 at 03:45 PM.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Are there instructions to download the manual?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Amazon shipped my hitch without instructions or mounting hardware.

HAs anyone purchased a hitch from Amazon lately? The Curt 111394?

I've requested an exchange but darn, why did have to be such an awkward bulky thing to ship back?
    I would go to their website. At the bottom, open "contact us" & email them. They should take care of you!

curtmfg.com

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I would go to their website. At the bottom, open "contact us" & email them. They should take care of you!

curtmfg.com
    Ya, I'll try that. It would be so much easier for them just to ship the nuts and bolts.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I chatted with an Amazon rep and they are shipping the hardware, thanks to Marks suggestion.

The install pdf is saved! great full color instructions. thanks fummins!

I'll get the hitch on this weekend if the weather agrees.
    Last edited by Wallythacker; 10-30-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just ordered my CURT 11394 from Amazon last month. It came with the instructions and hardware.

They wouldn't charge you to send it back if they messed up I would just slap it back in the box it came in. Without the hardware that comes with it, it would be very hard to install. Comes with special fishwire things and the right brackets to slip into the frame.

If you unscrew a bolt and push some stuff out of the way you don't even need to enlarge the hole. I posted a pic in the CURT 11394 thread.

Did you order it from a 3rd party or amazon itself? I wouldn't expect this problem from Amazon.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    I just ordered my CURT 11394 from Amazon last month. It came with the instructions and hardware.

They wouldn't charge you to send it back if they messed up I would just slap it back in the box it came in. Without the hardware that comes with it, it would be very hard to install. Comes with special fishwire things and the right brackets to slip into the frame.

If you unscrew a bolt and push some stuff out of the way you don't even need to enlarge the hole. I posted a pic in the CURT 11394 thread.

Did you order it from a 3rd party or amazon itself? I wouldn't expect this problem from Amazon.
    First: Fantastic news if I don't have to drill anything. I'll find your thread and have a read.

Second: It was Amazon. Now the weird stuff. I paid $133 from Amazon. Now, no more Amazon, it's handled by a 3rd party and the price jumped to $206 !!! So you can see why I'm not keen to return it and get another via a purchase. The Amazon rep said they will ship me the hardware and I won't need to ship the hitch back.

If for some weird reason the hardware doesn't arrive then I'll use the exchange choice and send mine back after I get one with the hardware.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    First: Fantastic news if I don't have to drill anything. I'll find your thread and have a read.

Second: It was Amazon. Now the weird stuff. I paid $133 from Amazon. Now, no more Amazon, it's handled by a 3rd party and the price jumped to $206 !!! So you can see why I'm not keen to return it and get another via a purchase. The Amazon rep said they will ship me the hardware and I won't need to ship the hitch back.

If for some weird reason the hardware doesn't arrive then I'll use the exchange choice and send mine back after I get one with the hardware.
    Someone wrote this in a Curt hitch review (2019 Mitsubishi Mirage) taken from etraller.com -

"This is my second time buying and installing this hitch. These hitches are fantastic I bought a new car Saturday order the hitch on Monday installed it Saturday that's how much I like these hitches I did not wait to order it or install it.. I would say it took me about 45 minutes to install it I was not in a big hurry and took my time and I took a break too. The only thing that you have to do that makes it a lot easier to install on the driver's side back of course you can see in the picture that is silver Bolt it holds the fuel line you need to remove it to get access the bigger hole behind it to slide fish your bolt through it is a little tight but it does go through no drilling new holes at all that's it. Passenger side you can access the bigger hole with no problem nothing blocking it. Again these hitches are fantastic very easy to install I use them to haul. My bicycles around." GuyBob 693857

Someone has a youtube clip of installing your hitch, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83LQ7BbVrsI

Every little bit of information helps the first time doing something like this!