Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what's your biggest regret when it comes to cars?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lately, I regret everything. I own 3 cars. All of them cool in their own way, and enjoy driving each of them for different reasons. But, at present, none of them are reliable, and I don't have the motivation to give them the attention that they need.

Wish I just had one reliable, good handling car that I could drive without thinking about it!

Simplify and add lightness.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-01-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I also miss my left-handed Epiphone SG guitar.
    Not a heck of a lot of those around. I bought a lEpi sunburst Les Paul Custom, just because it was left-handed
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-01-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Lately, I regret everything. I own 3 cars. All of them cool in their own way, and enjoy driving each of them for different reasons. But, at present, none of them are reliable, and I don't have the motivation to give them the attention that they need.

Wish I just had one reliable, good handling car that I could drive without thinking about it!

Is one of the three a Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Is one of the three a Mirage?
    Yep. Replaced the battery before I left on vacation. Came back 9 days later and the battery is dead. I'm sure there's something draining it, but I haven't had time to look at it because I've been working in the Miata. And the house. And working. And visiting my mother in the hospital.

Cars are frustrating me lately!
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    About the battery.

I spent 11 days this past February in the ICU. When I got home the battery was fine. The car started easily. I expect a battery to be good for perhaps a month in the winter. Lots of people holiday for a month leaving the car parked somewhere.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    About the battery.

I spent 11 days this past February in the ICU. When I got home the battery was fine. The car started easily. I expect a battery to be good for perhaps a month in the winter. Lots of people holiday for a month leaving the car parked somewhere.
    When Loren says he's replaced his battery, he's talking about a new motorcycle battery in his Mirage. That being said, it's awesome that you are past your days of being in ICU.

I also hope Loren solves his battery issue. It sounds like he has a lot on his plate. It's frustrating having car issues during those times in life.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    When Loren says he's replaced his battery, he's talking about a new motorcycle battery in his Mirage. That being said, it's awesome that you are past your days of being in ICU.

I also hope Loren solves his battery issue. It sounds like he has a lot on his plate. It's frustrating having car issues during those times in life.
    Thanks Mark, it's been a trying year for me. I give thanks to having a solid reliable little that I can count on. I hope Loren resolves his issue.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Biggest car regret? I had a black cherry 1989 Plymouth Acclaim turbo 5 speed and I ended up selling it. Stupid, stupid, STUPID! That was bar none the most fun car I have ever owned. Disappeared in a crowd of three, would get 30 MPG cruising at triple digits, and was very quick for what it was. It won a LOT of stop light drags.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Biggest car regret is buying so many of them. I hope I keep my Mirage for a while. Same thing goes for motorcycles.
    2018 Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Not a heck of a lot of those around. I bought a lEpi sunburst Les Paul Custom, just because it was left-handed
    Yea Left-handed guitars are rare. Being a lefty, everything in my Mirage, and any other car or truck or forklift truck I have driven, all geared to the majority right handed people.

Leftys' motto: adapt. I always wondered what it'd be like to drive in England, on the "Knight's side" medieval road rules. Backwards for Lefty's again.

Last edited by dspace9; 11-01-2019 at 11:20 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)