Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How I spent £175.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    What are the road conditions like in northern England? They're ****e here in Atlanta. For once Im glad I got the cheap steel wheels because I dont think a nice set of alloys could handle Georgia potholes.
    Ha ha ha, what roads? There is some tarmcadam around the pot holes (read sink holes) around Leeds. I had to get help digging my car out of one. Now winter is near it'll only get worse, so come February I'll be falling down a sink hole only to emerge in Australia.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Ha ha ha, what roads? There is some tarmcadam around the pot holes (read sink holes) around Leeds. I had to get help digging my car out of one. Now winter is near it'll only get worse, so come February I'll be falling down a sink hole only to emerge in Australia.
    Lololol your a trip without luggage Chad! I needed a good laugh today thank you.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Name:  WhatsApp-Image-2018-06-07-at-081232-1jpeg.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  103.8 KB

Good Christ you weren't kidding! I looked up sinkholes in Leeds and this popped up. Its the same issue over here, infrastructure is crumbling all over the West, the money simply isnt there to repair everything anymore. We had a bridge in Atlanta that was so shoddy, a homeless crackhead accidentally set it on fire collapsing it. Imagine that, destroying a concrete/steel bridge with a hobo fire. Inspector said the bridge needed work for 30 years!

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Name:  WhatsApp-Image-2018-06-07-at-081232-1jpeg.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  103.8 KB

Good Christ you weren't kidding! I looked up sinkholes in Leeds and this popped up. Its the same issue over here, infrastructure is crumbling all over the West, the money simply isnt there to repair everything anymore. We had a bridge in Atlanta that was so shoddy, a homeless crackhead accidentally set it on fire collapsing it. Imagine that, destroying a concrete/steel bridge with a hobo fire. Inspector said the bridge needed work for 30 years!
    Spooky or what? If you look carefully you can just see my hand prior to going fully under.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-05-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Spooky or what? If you look carefully you can just see my hand prior to going fully under.
    What blows my mind is a sinkhole could lead to finding a historical treasure, like when they found Richard III in that car park. Imagine a sink hole leading to Excalibur being found!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

itschad (11-05-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    What blows my mind is a sinkhole could lead to finding a historical treasure, like when they found Richard III in that car park. Imagine a sink hole leading to Excalibur being found!
    Err, not in Leeds, nobody had a Mitsubishi Mirage to take it up North. With Dickie 111 it was, I believe, it was his protruding hump (opposite to a sink hole) poking through the ground after several natives stumbled over it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-06-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Well, as Leeds is (I think) an undermined rabbit warren of old coal diggings sinkholes are to be expected.

Not to be outdone, Pittsburgh is also an old undermined coal belt with subsidence everywhere and sinkholes galore.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...burgh-n1072976
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-06-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Err, not in Leeds, nobody had a Mitsubishi Mirage to take it up North. With Dickie 111 it was, I believe, it was his protruding hump (opposite to a sink hole) poking through the ground after several natives stumbled over it.
    Too funny! According to Richard III's skeleton though, his spinal curvature didnt indicate a hump, but a higher right shoulder. And he was a fighting man, one couldnt imagine such martial prowess if he was severely disabled? Impressive none the less, you could call him evil but you couldnt call him craven.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Name:  article-2273535-17595A00000005DC-325_634x616.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  97.4 KB

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

itschad (11-06-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Name:  article-2273535-17595A00000005DC-325_634x616.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  97.4 KB
    Poor sod, I bet he had a killer of a headache after that.. Only joking about his 'hump'. I remember watching several documentaries on his emergence and subsequent re-internment. Brutal times.