Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
Name:  20200525_082440.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  95.9 KB

I'll be honest with you: I rented a 2020 Spark in May and really liked it. Like really liked it. When compared to the Mirage, it feels like a much newer car. In stock form, the reflexes were much quicker, and that included taut steering (with some feel!), a far sportier suspension, and an interior that looked like it was designed in this century. The seats were a bit hard, but still more comfortable than my '17 Mirage ES.

On the downside, it doesn't get the fuel economy our Mirages do (I think I got 34 MPG over about 150 miles), and I also hear the reliability and durability may not be on par with the Mirage (I'm part of a Spark group on Facebook as a voyeur ).

We considered a Spark in 2017, but the prices were way too high compared to the $9,600 I paid for our Mirage. That being said, my mother-in-law has a 2015 model with very low miles (she's 83 and doesn't drive farther than about 10 miles), and she's had zero issues with it.

For the price, we had to at least try the Mirage. So far, I still like it, but the new Sparks drive quite nicely and are certainly more modern and sporty feeling.
I haven't test drove the Spark but I got interested in the car when I first saw it at Saint Martin. They were everywhere there - seems like a good island car. I agree with you that it has a more premium feel than the Mirage, especially the interior. I wish the Mirage's interior is a little more "lux" Exterior wise, I have to say I prefer the Mirage, especially 2014-15 models. I feel like the Spark is trying too hard to make an economy subcompact car into something more than what it actually is