Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your absolute worst grievance with Mitsubishi?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    If you go the salvage route it seems most parts can be found. Especially since these cars seem to be easily written off.
    Yeah if you got the skills and tools to pick what you need, I know I dont. I assume most salvage yards wont help you pull something out of a totaled Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Yeah if you got the skills and tools to pick what you need, I know I dont.
    That's how most folks build their knowledge and expertise working on cars, by fixing their own - usually out of financial need.

Get a good set of tools and get started on your car-repair adventure. Though to be honest I don't think you'll need to anytime soon since you have a pretty reliable car already.

Here's a little encouragement to get you started:

Last edited by Eggman; 11-04-2019 at 11:16 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

2of9 (11-04-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've only dealt with my local dealer (White Bear Mitsubishi). They're actually pretty active in the community and the car community, especially with local Mitsubishi enthusiasts. I think my only brief 'grievance' with them was that my rear wiper washer wasn't functioning after 3 months of owning it. I bought my 2015 in the summer. Never used the rear washer until it started snowing. Brought it and they said it was fixed. It was fixed but later they said it could be non-functional when it falls below -20°F. So, one snow season of it not working, I totally forgot about it and it's never been 'fixed'. It doesn't bother me since it's rare for me to travel someplace where my rear gets super dirty.

Maybe I'll get around to fixing it later or never. As long as the wiper works and the rear window defroster works, it's been surprisingly fine without the rear washer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Let's leave out their treatment of WWII POWs. The world was a different place then.

It can be a beef with either a dealer or the company but we all know there's so much variety among dealers it isn't funny. So let's rail against the company. Have they denied warranty? Is your market overpriced or missing essential items in other markets?

For me, it's their inflexibility when optioning a vehicle. Let me explain. When I decided we had to have a Mirage we went off to our local dealer. The website at the time was really clear. Adding AC to a Mirage was $1,100. Adding a CVT to a Mirage was $1,200. Nothing said you couldn't add both to a base model. We got an OTD negotiated price of $14,350 so we went to dinner to celebrate. I had a phone call, it was the dealer, we couldn't add a CVT and AC to the base model. We could buy an SE model for an extra $5,500, meaning OTD @ $18,300. Not happening.

So for a good year I was adamant Mitsubishi wasn't going to try and bait and switch me and get my money. Fast forward to 2016 and Mitsubishi was selling brand new 2014 SEs for $9,995 + tax. At that point I couldn't say no.

What's your beef with them?
    We buy the es plus models. Has manual temp controls, air conditioning, keyless entry,4 power windows. They still offer it for an extra $4000 though..

My biggest beef is the service department. They're idiots, not just the service advisors but the techs and the fact that they don't know how to or aren't aloud to diagnose anything themselves. They just follow a flow chart and act like retards. They accept zero responsibility for not being able to figure out a problem. They just blame the Mitsubishi tech line cause they're the one's who tell them what to do apparently?

But in their defence, a lot of dealers seem to go this route. Whether there actually is a "tech line" magical headquarters or just a reason to squirm out of being stupid I don't know. I know of a 18' Nissan that's been at the dealer for 2 weeks now as they try to trouble shoot why it randomly looses throttle response for the 4th time in under a year. But they're at least trying. Some things are a pain to figure out.

Basically I find most dealers greasy some less than other. If you don't know wth you're doing, read all the fine print, and ask specific questions you're gonna get screwed by the sale's department of any dealer in some way or another.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    I've only dealt with my local dealer (White Bear Mitsubishi). They're actually pretty active in the community and the car community, especially with local Mitsubishi enthusiasts. I think my only brief 'grievance' with them was that my rear wiper washer wasn't functioning after 3 months of owning it. I bought my 2015 in the summer. Never used the rear washer until it started snowing. Brought it and they said it was fixed. It was fixed but later they said it could be non-functional when it falls below -20°F. So, one snow season of it not working, I totally forgot about it and it's never been 'fixed'. It doesn't bother me since it's rare for me to travel someplace where my rear gets super dirty.

Maybe I'll get around to fixing it later or never. As long as the wiper works and the rear window defroster works, it's been surprisingly fine without the rear washer.
    If it doesn't work when it's below freezing I'd have to say it has the ****ty watered down washer fluid in the line to the back still. Run your rear washer til the reservoir for a minute or 2 them fill the reservoir with stuff for winter. We had the same problem with all our cars.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    1711A047 is your fuel cap and it is the exact same on all of them as far as I can tell. The Mitsubishi ASA program comes in really handy for things like this. It might not be the fuel cap. 1710A514 is the filler pipe.
    Last edited by Mirageman38; 11-04-2019 at 05:55 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    We buy the es plus models. Has manual temp controls, air conditioning, keyless entry,4 power windows. They still offer it for an extra $4000 though..

My biggest beef is the service department. They're idiots, not just the service advisors but the techs and the fact that they don't know how to or aren't aloud to diagnose anything themselves. They just follow a flow chart and act like retards. They accept zero responsibility for not being able to figure out a problem. They just blame the Mitsubishi tech line cause they're the one's who tell them what to do apparently?

But in their defence, a lot of dealers seem to go this route. Whether there actually is a "tech line" magical headquarters or just a reason to squirm out of being stupid I don't know. I know of a 18' Nissan that's been at the dealer for 2 weeks now as they try to trouble shoot why it randomly looses throttle response for the 4th time in under a year. But they're at least trying. Some things are a pain to figure out.

Basically I find most dealers greasy some less than other. If you don't know wth you're doing, read all the fine print, and ask specific questions you're gonna get screwed by the sale's department of any dealer in some way or another.
    Im still pissed Mitsubishi never replied to my email about all the data you've collected for 5 f@cking years! They're probably embarrassed they dont have true diagnostic tech like yourself running one of their dealer service departments. The last Mitsu dealer tech I talked to basically implied all cvt Mirages were pieces of sh@t. Real nice, considering I just bought two at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    The last Mitsu dealer tech I talked to basically implied all cvt Mirages were pieces of sh@t.
    That really instills confidence lol. So far they seem to be fine transmissions, just that one damn bearing craps out all the time. It's a relatively cheap part but it doesn't really make sense to me to replace it every 100k. If only they'd upgrade the bearing or do an update to squirt oil on it or something to make it hold up a little better it'd be pretty bullet proof. In the low powered Mirage at least.

Mirage videos: