Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your absolute worst grievance with Mitsubishi?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

What is your absolute worst grievance with Mitsubishi?

Let's leave out their treatment of WWII POWs. The world was a different place then.

It can be a beef with either a dealer or the company but we all know there's so much variety among dealers it isn't funny. So let's rail against the company. Have they denied warranty? Is your market overpriced or missing essential items in other markets?

For me, it's their inflexibility when optioning a vehicle. Let me explain. When I decided we had to have a Mirage we went off to our local dealer. The website at the time was really clear. Adding AC to a Mirage was $1,100. Adding a CVT to a Mirage was $1,200. Nothing said you couldn't add both to a base model. We got an OTD negotiated price of $14,350 so we went to dinner to celebrate. I had a phone call, it was the dealer, we couldn't add a CVT and AC to the base model. We could buy an SE model for an extra $5,500, meaning OTD @ $18,300. Not happening.

So for a good year I was adamant Mitsubishi wasn't going to try and bait and switch me and get my money. Fast forward to 2016 and Mitsubishi was selling brand new 2014 SEs for $9,995 + tax. At that point I couldn't say no.

What's your beef with them?

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Fast forward to 2016 and Mitsubishi was selling brand new 2014 SEs for $9,995 + tax. At that point I couldn't say no.

What's your beef with them?
    I love my Mirage and Mitsubishi brand cars, however...

1.My starter on my Mirage was defective from almost day 1, and I knew it, and Mitsubishi co. in conjunction with the dealer, wouldn't listen to me for 4.5 years until they FINALLY fixed the starter.

Now, I have a small leak in my fuel filler, and I will keep fighting to have the fuel filler replaced, because if I'm getting a service engine soon light on, that's powertrain.

3. Them selling me a Mitsubishi Mirage base ES for $12, 495 new. Then the car sells for $9999 new 6 months later.

One guy trying to charge me, the other guy doesn't charge and gets you free detailing. The shiftiness of the dealer. No names

I bought the 10 year warranty that day almost 6 years ago. I have almost 40k of warranty left.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Lack of aftermarket parts, car parts having Mercedes Benz prices, questionable cvt reliability, uncomfortable seating position, these cars being dealer reliant. Other than that, Im happy with it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Lack of aftermarket parts, car parts having Mercedes Benz prices, questionable cvt reliability, uncomfortable seating position, these cars being dealer reliant. Other than that, Im happy with it.
    Other than parts availability how do you find it dealer reliant?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Other than parts availability how do you find it dealer reliant?
    Dealer reliant means parts, not sure what your asking?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you go the salvage route it seems most parts can be found. Especially since these cars seem to be easily written off.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I wonder how much a used fuel filler is for a 2014 Mirage, one that is in good shape. Hopefully one with the original, OEM snug-fitting gas cap. One that won't cause my emissions sensor to go off.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I wonder how much a used fuel filler is for a 2014 Mirage, one that is in good shape. Hopefully one with the original, OEM snug-fitting gas cap. One that won't cause my emissions sensor to go off.
    Can't you use one for even a 2019?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirageman38 For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-04-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    If the part number is the same you could. but seeing that Mits has changed many other parts for reasons that might not be clear it's best to use the called for part.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-04-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think my current issue with my evap leak is that my new replacement gas cap installed 3 days ago, doesn't fit snugly onto my old 2014 fuel filler. So the bad, not perfectly tight fit is causing fumes to leak out. My hypothesis anyway

So, if Mitsubishi wants an exorbitant amount of money to fix my car issue, then I want to know the ballpark price for the fuel filler part. Maybe they can do another fix but that is my hypothesis.

*For me it's the condition of the part, or getting a new part, I think a 2015 fuel filler would fit on a 2019 Mirage or a 2014.

I would check first, unless I got the part cheap enough in the right time right place it was worth the risk.

Last edited by dspace9; 11-04-2019 at 02:31 AM.