Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello folks - from Ontario, Canada

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hello folks - from Ontario, Canada

Came across this forum while searching for Mirage reviews. What a great site!! Looking at a new vehicle purchase in the next few months and am anxious to learn more about the Mirage and your experiences / input.

Ha.. 74hp.. good username.

You're now the closest fellow forum member to me - I'm just down the 416 on the St Lawrence.

If you're looking for reviews, I'm sure you've already found our media reviews & owner reviews subforums.

Have you tried one yet? What are you driving now? What else are you considering? (Sorry... lots of q's.)

Welcome to the forum!

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks for the warm welcome Darin ... yes, we are neighbours
    Have not tried one yet but am looking forward to taking one for a spin shortly. Have tested the Kia Rio5 and the Honda Fit. Looking at trading in the Chevy Impala. My other car is a Suzuki SX4. Have owned many Suzuki's over the years (Esteem, Aerio, SX4) and really like the product but ... they are/have left Canada. The Mitsubishi product has caught my interest.

I haven't driven any Kias, but have tried a late model Fit (manual). The Mitsu's little 3-cylinder will sound/feel a bit different if you haven't driven a triple before. You may have noticed a love it or hate it dichotomy that reviewers tend to have on the topic of the engine sound/character. I fall on the side of liking its sound -- a distinctive growl or thrum when pushed.

It's smaller than the other two cars, as well.

I can identify with the issue of "orphaned" brands. My current Pontiac (dead brand) Firefly is actually a joint GM/Suzuki (soon to be dead brand) product. It's a double orphan!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Oh - and you might like to compare notes with another Canuck on the forum....

Canoehead is also considering the Fit vs. the Mirage:

I am on the fence between a Honda Fit, and a Mirage, with the only factors in favour of the Honda being the brand reputation, an excellent local dealer that my family has used for the past 12 years, and I suppose the cargo space could be nice. That said, I am still leaning toward the Mirage, as it is very rare that I need "more car".
    (That quote from here.)

74hp... any news? Have you had the chance to drive one?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    No news yet MetroMPG. Will not be doing many test drives until after the holidays ... although my research and reading will continue

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do you have a long commute?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Mirage is worth it! practicality and gas saving wise, but it really depends on your budget. If your budget can go the distance, you can definitely go for the KIA RIO, or the Honda Fit (or Jazz in our country).. but if you want to get your money's worth, the Mirage is the best deal, and you'll have a LOT of spare change to burn!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congrats and hope you have many years of enjoyment . Keep us informed of gas mileage , ride , handling ( snow , etc. ) and the reliability .