Thread: Cash back Credit Cards

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cash back Credit Cards

Last edited by Mirageman38; 06-22-2020 at 09:48 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hey! That's pretty good getting another few % added to your mileage,

I have something similar with a local bank if I use my VISA at petrocanada there's a 2-3% reduction at the POS. I never really checked the details, maybe I should. 3% move me that much closer to the 50 mpg club.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

I've got a few cashback reward visa cards. Get a decent cash back on grocery and gas purchases, and a bit less on recurring bill payments, pharmacy and other stuff. I've got around $500 built up on the one card this year. Not sure about the other one. There is a $100-120 yearly fee but if you use it enough it pays for itself.

Good thing I just checked what I get back. One of my cards changed, now they only pay 2% on gas purchases damnit. Just like cell phone plans, they keep coming out with better offers all the time.
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-06-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We use our costco Citi card for gas it gives 4% back for fuel, 3% restaurants, 2% costco and 1% all others. We only use it for gas restaurants and costco

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I use the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. Annual fee is $550 a year.

I get 3 points per purchase on restaurants and travel and one point per purchase on everything else.

Here are my favorite benefits:

15% off all Lyft Rides

$60 Door Dash credit per year. I pick up my own door dash orders and in effect it turns into $60 of free food.

Free travel insurance

Free Global Entry and TSA Pre

Free Priority Pass membership for airport lounge access. I can bring up to two additional guests into lounges at no extra charge. I also get $28 per person at select airport restaurants. You can visit restaurants and multiple lounges at the same airport in the same day!

$300 credit towards travel purchases such as flights and hotels (Effectively reduces the cost of the card to $250 a year)

50% bonus in point value when redeeming points for travel through Chase. Basically 50,000 points gets you $750 in travel rewards. Think of it as 4.5% cash back on restaurant and travel purchases.

No blackout dates for reward travel and I actually earn miles/points even when I fly on a reward ticket.

Its a little pricey but if you travel several times a year, it pays for itself very easily.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I chose the Wells Fargo Visa with 1.5% cash back on everything. And I use the card for nearly everything.
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Want to say I get 5% back with my USAA Amex card, but I'm not 100% certain – Might be 3%.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Oh now you got me Started! I use many cards and try to make it a game. Not many people would probably want this many. I only get the ones with no fees that let you do cash back. Some come with signup bonuses also but I don't bother churning.

I have:
    BofA Cash Rewards Preferred: 4.5% Online Purchase and 3% Groceries/Wholesale(costco)
    Ducks Unlimited: 5% gas and 5% Sporting Goods stores
    CapitalOne Savor ONE: 3% restaurants and 3% entertainment
    Discover rotating 5% category
    Wells Fargo Propel Amex: 3% Travel, 3% Eating out and In, 3% Transit (includes tolls like EZpass), 3% off streaming services, also comes with travel insurance/rental insurance and all that.
    Citi Double cash: General 2% everything
    CapitalOne Quicksilver: 1.5% everything with no foreign transaction fees

These are a few others I don't have that could be nice. The problem is some of the rotating ones overlap or are bad. Due to the above cards I don't see much use for the Costco specific card (especially since I don't think the membership is worth it).
    US Bank pick 2 categories 5% is nice if you are a homeowner since you can choose utilities and cable/phone bills.
    ABOC 5% rotating
    Nusenda 5% rotating
    Chase 5% rotating
    Specific shops if you use them a lot:
    Target 5%
    Lowes 5%
    Amazon 5% (though I don't think prime is worth it and Discover does 5% on this q4)

USAA Amex can get 5% on gas up to $3000 and 5% on military base purchases. Maybe good if you are on military bases often. I am not.

As for travel with all the corona hype going on Frontier is offering tickets at 90% off. I just booked some round trips in a few weeks to Miami for $29 total. I hope everything doesn't get worse
    Target card is nice– don't use it much but with that and the occasional sale, plus circle deals, it can add up.

For Lowes, they also have a 10% military discount, but I don't know if it stacks with the card.

Neither will save you money on gas, unless you get that premixed two-cycle stuff from Lowe's, and I don't think that'd work too well in the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)