View Poll Results: Is the type of transmission important to you?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would ONLY buy a manual shift.

18 60.00%
  • Offer me an automatic, or I'm out of here!

5 16.67%
  • If I like the car, the transmission doesn't matter.

7 23.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Would you get a Mirage if it only came with an automatic transmission?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Going 70 in the cvt what is ur rpm at?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    2,100-ish. 2,400 if you're not using the almighty Cruise Control.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The whole reason I didnt buy the car when it first came out was every single version I found had every option and the cvt. They where like $17,000. Eventually when I was home in North Carolina the fantastic dealership near me , Leigh Mitsubishi understood that people who want these cars are looking for cheap cars. They had 4 of them only 1 automatic and only 1 not a DE. There was a ES blue with everything and 3 other. White, green and purple. The white one had no options plus rims and was a manual. Pretty much instantly bought it once my girl choose the color she wanted.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Every DE I looked at was lacking cruise control. That was a deal-breaker for me. I actually think it's part of the ES package.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Be happy you guys are so pampered with steering wheel audio control and cruise control option. Europe don't even have the possibility to choose for cruise control! INSANE!! I have to get a John Gold cruise installed instead of the built in cruise which is nicer. I now have an extra stick which I accidentally switch when I want to turn on the turning sign.

BTW you talking about 70 mph or kmh? Mine cruises at 100 km/h at 3000 rpm-ish (60 MPH)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not going through the thread, but here's my .02:

I've driven an old carbeurated car with a ****ty 4auto. Everyone stated that by simply swapping a 5spd in would make a night/day difference.

I've driven an auto '13 mustang (auto) and an '09 rio (5spd). The mustang is fun in its own right, rear spanking, semi-drifts and all, but it's much more engaging/fun to drive the rio, rowing through the gears. Also, there is no doubt that I can "punch it" faster going from top gear to passing gear on the rio (not that 5th gear isnt passing gear on the rio )

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Also, there is no doubt that I can "punch it" faster going from top gear to passing gear on the rio (not that 5th gear isnt passing gear on the rio )
    That came up when I was test driving the 5MT Mirage: the salesman didn't really like that I shifted into the highest gear possible when just cruising along at light load. (EG: sometimes shifting up to 5th at 50 km/h / 30 mph.) He said, "I prefer to leave it in the correct gear in case I need power." I replied, "That's what downshifting is for. The CVT always goes to the highest possible ratio when cruising at light load, and I could probably get more power faster than the CVT by dropping in 2nd." A manual downshift takes no more time than the CVT takes to spool up the engine RPM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Except when you're in B, then the fun really happens.

By the way, out of all the ECC vehicles I've owned (INCLUDING a 350hp Genesis Coupe), the Mirage has the sharpest throttle response!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    That came up when I was test driving the 5MT Mirage: the salesman didn't really like that I shifted into the highest gear possible when just cruising along at light load. (EG: sometimes shifting up to 5th at 50 km/h / 30 mph.) He said, "I prefer to leave it in the correct gear in case I need power." I replied, "That's what downshifting is for. The CVT always goes to the highest possible ratio when cruising at light load, and I could probably get more power faster than the CVT by dropping in 2nd." A manual downshift takes no more time than the CVT takes to spool up the engine RPM.
    True, that just proven how many people don't really know **** about proper eco driving to save fuel. I always run at 5 th gear while cruising 50 km/h

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)