Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flashing D. Dirk don't read this one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Talk about a mouse maze. What's in Yellow (screens?) and what's in blue?

That U-joint yoke in the second picture isn't from a Mirage, is it? Maybe it's part of the tow package.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Dang, only 145k miles on this one.

No chunks in it, so that's a good sign. So far. It drove funny after I tried it out late yesterday. When coming to a rolling stop then on the gas again it would rev up before it'd kick into gear like a regular automatic feels when it's low on fluid. I'm gonna try a few things before hitting things with a hammer.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-28-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    No chunks in it, so that's a good sign. So far. It drove funny after I tried it out late yesterday. When coming to a rolling stop then on the gas again it would rev up before it'd kick into gear like a regular automatic feels when it's low on fluid. I'm gonna try a few things before hitting things with a hammer.
    Missed ya Fummy! Thanks for the email man, it was appreciated.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey Fummins I was just reading through the TSB regarding the CVT Service Manual update and it refers to a re-learn procedure. It says the transmission control will update with regular driving but there's a way to speed that up with a MUT-III.

Jatco CVT-7 | F1CJB | JF015E Continuously Variable Transmission

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Missed ya Fummy! Thanks for the email man, it was appreciated.
    AWW I missed you too In a non bumdart way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey Fummins I was just reading through the TSB regarding the CVT Service Manual update and it refers to a re-learn procedure. It says the transmission control will update with regular driving but there's a way to speed that up with a MUT-III.

Jatco CVT-7 | F1CJB | JF015E Continuously Variable Transmission
    Yeah, I skimmed through the procedure quickly then went on another drive. It seemed to be working better til I was on my way back it felt like it was slipping again. Every time I'd try the reset on the cvt computer it said conditions weren't met. I just re read the instructions and actually followed them properly this time and it worked. I'm off on another test drive to see if it'll work better this time. Fluid level is right where it should be so fingers crossed.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So your scanner can do a CVT reset, or do you use some other way?

My scanner can do a reset. I did that, and the fluid degradation reset as well. It seems to be shifting better, still a little harsh around 40mph but I think it's still gotta relearn a bit more. It's hard to get up to 40mph and hold it for any length of time around here, and if you can there's no place convenient to pull over. It can finish relearning itself.
    One good thing about lots of random test drives, I was able to narrow down which axle is clicking once in a while.
    Mirage videos:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-28-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    My scanner can do a reset. I did that, and the fluid degradation reset as well. It seems to be shifting better, still a little harsh around 40mph but I think it's still gotta relearn a bit more. It's hard to get up to 40mph and hold it for any length of time around here, and if you can there's no place convenient to pull over. It can finish relearning itself.
    One good thing about lots of random test drives, I was able to narrow down which axle is clicking once in a while.
    Thats really cool man. Id bet my left pinkie toe your know more about the JATCO CVT7 than any other private mechanic in Canada! A Mitsu programmed unit, I mean.

I got a note that the car is having the same blinking D again........Damnit.
    Same code. P0746. Maybe it's cause I once used an oil filter that didn't say for synthetic oil on it

Last edited by Fummins; 12-16-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    Mirage videos:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-01-2020)