Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Flashing D. Dirk don't read this one.

  1. #21
    Moderator Eggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    8,310
    Thanks
    3,662
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    ...
    Talk about a mouse maze. What's in Yellow (screens?) and what's in blue?

    That U-joint yoke in the second picture isn't from a Mirage, is it? Maybe it's part of the tow package.


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.7 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.7 mpg (Imp)


  2. #22
    Senior Member Dirk Diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    your Mom's basement
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    2,638
    Thanks
    886
    Thanked 374 Times in 313 Posts
    Dang, only 145k miles on this one.

  3. #23
    Cornwallis Fummins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pyongyang
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    4,331
    Thanks
    1,693
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,331 Posts
    No chunks in it, so that's a good sign. So far. It drove funny after I tried it out late yesterday. When coming to a rolling stop then on the gas again it would rev up before it'd kick into gear like a regular automatic feels when it's low on fluid. I'm gonna try a few things before hitting things with a hammer.
    My mom says I'm cool

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.4 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp)


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

    Dirk Diggler (11-28-2019)

  5. #24
    Senior Member Dirk Diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    your Mom's basement
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    2,638
    Thanks
    886
    Thanked 374 Times in 313 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    No chunks in it, so that's a good sign. So far. It drove funny after I tried it out late yesterday. When coming to a rolling stop then on the gas again it would rev up before it'd kick into gear like a regular automatic feels when it's low on fluid. I'm gonna try a few things before hitting things with a hammer.
    Missed ya Fummy! Thanks for the email man, it was appreciated.

  6. #25
    Moderator Eggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    8,310
    Thanks
    3,662
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    No chunks in it, so that's a good sign. So far. It drove funny after I tried it out late yesterday. When coming to a rolling stop then on the gas again it would rev up before it'd kick into gear like a regular automatic feels when it's low on fluid. I'm gonna try a few things before hitting things with a hammer.
    Hey Fummins I was just reading through the TSB regarding the CVT Service Manual update and it refers to a re-learn procedure. It says the transmission control will update with regular driving but there's a way to speed that up with a MUT-III.

    Jatco CVT-7 | F1CJB | JF015E Continuously Variable Transmission

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.7 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.7 mpg (Imp)


  7. #26
    Cornwallis Fummins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pyongyang
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    4,331
    Thanks
    1,693
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,331 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Missed ya Fummy! Thanks for the email man, it was appreciated.
    AWW I missed you too In a non bumdart way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey Fummins I was just reading through the TSB regarding the CVT Service Manual update and it refers to a re-learn procedure. It says the transmission control will update with regular driving but there's a way to speed that up with a MUT-III.

    Jatco CVT-7 | F1CJB | JF015E Continuously Variable Transmission
    Yeah, I skimmed through the procedure quickly then went on another drive. It seemed to be working better til I was on my way back it felt like it was slipping again. Every time I'd try the reset on the cvt computer it said conditions weren't met. I just re read the instructions and actually followed them properly this time and it worked. I'm off on another test drive to see if it'll work better this time. Fluid level is right where it should be so fingers crossed.
    My mom says I'm cool

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.4 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp)


  8. #27
    Moderator Eggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    8,310
    Thanks
    3,662
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,617 Posts
    So your scanner can do a CVT reset, or do you use some other way?

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.7 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.7 mpg (Imp)


  9. #28
    Cornwallis Fummins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pyongyang
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    4,331
    Thanks
    1,693
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,331 Posts
    My scanner can do a reset. I did that, and the fluid degradation reset as well. It seems to be shifting better, still a little harsh around 40mph but I think it's still gotta relearn a bit more. It's hard to get up to 40mph and hold it for any length of time around here, and if you can there's no place convenient to pull over. It can finish relearning itself.
    One good thing about lots of random test drives, I was able to narrow down which axle is clicking once in a while.
    My mom says I'm cool

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.4 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp)


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

    Dirk Diggler (11-28-2019)

  11. #29
    Senior Member Dirk Diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    your Mom's basement
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    2,638
    Thanks
    886
    Thanked 374 Times in 313 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    My scanner can do a reset. I did that, and the fluid degradation reset as well. It seems to be shifting better, still a little harsh around 40mph but I think it's still gotta relearn a bit more. It's hard to get up to 40mph and hold it for any length of time around here, and if you can there's no place convenient to pull over. It can finish relearning itself.
    One good thing about lots of random test drives, I was able to narrow down which axle is clicking once in a while.
    Thats really cool man. Id bet my left pinkie toe your know more about the JATCO CVT7 than any other private mechanic in Canada! A Mitsu programmed unit, I mean.

  12. #30
    Cornwallis Fummins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pyongyang
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    4,331
    Thanks
    1,693
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,331 Posts
    I got a note that the car is having the same blinking D again........Damnit.
    Same code. P0746. Maybe it's cause I once used an oil filter that didn't say for synthetic oil on it


    Last edited by Fummins; 12-16-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    My mom says I'm cool

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.4 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp)


  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

    MetroMPG (05-01-2020)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •