Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine code P0137 (Oxygen Sensor Circuit Low Voltage)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Engine code P0137 (Oxygen Sensor Circuit Low Voltage)

I had the check engine light come on today and hooked it up with a BlueTooth ODB2 reader.

I have driven 4 short trips today and the check engine light remains illuminated the entire time.

Do you think I should bring car to the Dealership? This is first check engine light I have gotten. I have 18,200 miles I am the original owner of the car.

Is the dealer just going to erase the code and do nothing else? Because if that is all they are going to do I dont see any point in even bringing the car in to them at all.

I did make a thread a couple of days ago:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...om-front-wheel

And all that I did was take off 4 hubcaps and then loosen the lugnuts and then retorque them to exactly 80 ft lbs using a torque wrench. Doing that made my "noise" go away but now I am seeing this code and I dont know if this has anything to do with that.

2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    P0137 Oxygen Sensor Circuit Low Voltage - I wouldn't expect this to be associated with lug nuts - at all.

There must be something else going on?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-02-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The dealer will fix it. That's... what dealers do?

Take it in, it's free anyway.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    The dealer will fix it. That's... what dealers do?

Take it in, it's free anyway.
    Except for Fummins' dealer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-02-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    I had the check engine light come on today and hooked it up with a BlueTooth ODB2 reader.
    Make sure you aren't leaving that Bluetooth thing plugged into your OBDII connector all the time. Sometimes those Bluetooth modules can cause all sorts of funky issues with the car's computer.

Can your OBDII reader erase codes? If so, erase the code and see if it comes back. This code would not be related to the re-torquing your lugnuts.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-02-2019),MetroMPG (10-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Except for Fummins' dealer.
    Yes, our dealer will charge a diagnostics fee then clear the light and say they found nothing wrong, everything is within spec. But you need a throttle body cleaning and spark plugs. It'll only cost you $600.

For real though, take to the dealer. That's what warranty is for, emissions should be covered? Can't say 02 sensors will be but with such low miles I'd hope they'd help you out. Look in the warranty book it'll show what should be covered.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yes, our dealer will charge a diagnostics fee then clear the light and say they found nothing wrong
    LOL. Yeah...I guarantee you that no Mitsubishi dealer in the US is going to give away this job. If the scan tool has to get hooked up, somebody is going to get billed for it.

That's why I would clear the code and see if it comes back. I might even be tempted to do this multiple times before I took it to the dealer. 02 sensors can be flaky. P0137 is also for the downstream sensor (after the catalytic converter) so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. But if this is a *real* problem, it's absolutely under warranty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ok guys, thank you. I will try clearing the code and see what happens.

Its ironic because if I had taken car to a mechanic about the squeel noise and then 1 day later this code starts coming up I would most likely have accused the mechanic of sabotage. I would have sworn up and down that he had fu(ked with it.

But it is a learning lesson for me that coincidences do happen and for me not to be so quick to make accusations.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Only thing I can thing of being "sabotaged" that I could think of would be if the rear 02 was unplugged or wires cut. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I cleared the code using Torque Lite (android app)

I drove the car 2 times today and so far the check engine light has not returned. I will update the thread if the problem returns.

But so far the good advice I received here is working.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (10-04-2019)