Thread: New mirage owner

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

New mirage owner

Hi everyone. New 2015de mirage owner. My mirage seems to be the basic trim but has weird features unoikei read. Could it just be extra features that were ordered? My version gas blue tooth, 15inch rims, no auto climate though. Seems off as to what the packages included on sesrching websites. Any ideas? This car is f-ing awesome BTW.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum! Yeah, sounds like ordered add ins to a base model, but someone with a '15 will answer you shortly, I'm sure!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daso View Post
    Hi everyone. New 2015de mirage owner. My mirage seems to be the basic trim but has weird features unoikei read. Could it just be extra features that were ordered? My version gas blue tooth, 15inch rims, no auto climate though. Seems off as to what the packages included on sesrching websites. Any ideas? This car is f-ing awesome BTW.
    You can check the Monroney sticker for your Mirage. It will tell us how it was configured from the factory. All we need is your VIN. See this for an example:

2015 MIRAGE ES5-DOOR HATCHBACKSTARLIGHT SILVER / BLACK

Not sure if it will work for Canadian (or Croatian??) cars.

Welcome to the forum Daso.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daso View Post
    It's common for Canadian cars to have odd trims. My '14 was titled as an ES but had climate control, alloys, bluetooth, rear seat heat, heated seats & mirrors and probably other features I didn't notice. It was also sold brand new with 50 kilometers on it during the fall of 2016. It sat somewhere for over two years before it was released for sale.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Daso (11-07-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Daso (11-07-2019)

Belated welcome, Daso!

I've also seen Canadian Mirages with features that "shouldn't" be on that trim.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)