Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thailand Motor Expo 2019

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts

Thailand Motor Expo 2019

Overseas auto industry media such as Autoindustriya in the Philippines and Headlightmag in Thailand keep pointing to the upcoming Thailand Motor Expo 2019, where it's expected Mitsubishi will show off what Headlightmag is calling a 'Big Minorchange' - or facelift - for the Mirage. The 2019 Motor Expo is scheduled for November 29 through December 10 in Bangkok, Thailand.

Here's some links to get us started:

Autoindustriya.com: Here's your first (official) look at the 2020 Mirage, Mirage G4

Headlightmag.com: Mitsubishi Mirage / Attrage Big-Minorchange Dynamic Shield
    Same article through Google Translate from Thai to English (can be used to translate to other languages.)

Thailand Motor Expo
    Same link translated to English

I expect the Motor Expo will be the source of more info on the upcoming Mirage 'Big Minorchange'.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-07-2019),Top_Fuel (11-07-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Here's the short version...

Name:  image000321.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  90.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    I'm glad the "alliance" hasn't come together to replace the Mirage. It looks like our favorite little car will soldier on for a little while longer in it's current drivetrain configuration. Thank goodness. Now if Mitsubishi would just quit adding content to the base models driving up the price. I was hesitant to believe it at first because all the talk for the last 2 years has been "new platform, new everything" in 2021. Obviously that's not going to happen now and I'm thankful.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The world needs a new beetle , a car using the same platform year after year and will only change when it can't meet need the mandated safety standards so it HAS to change. This changing platform nonsense simply to alter looks so the consumer has something "fresh and unique" is going to kill us all in the long run.

The original beetle remained as is for nearly 60 years, maybe longer. I don't know when South American production ended.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Seems to me that Mitsubishi gives a new grill to their cars many times, before retirement. The RVR is a 2008 Lancer, with 3 or 4 grille upgrades now.

I saw a 2020 RVR at the dealer last week, with the new 'dynamic shield' front end.

Yet from the side, the 2020 RVR looks like a 2009 or 10 RVR.

Still the same doors, same motor etc.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-07-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I'm glad the "alliance" hasn't come together to replace the Mirage. It looks like our favorite little car will soldier on for a little while longer in it's current drivetrain configuration. Thank goodness. Now if Mitsubishi would just quit adding content to the base models driving up the price. I was hesitant to believe it at first because all the talk for the last 2 years has been "new platform, new everything" in 2021. Obviously that's not going to happen now and I'm thankful.
    I truly share your sentiments.

I like the powertrain of the current Mirage, especially with the 5-speed manual. If I wanted something with more hp & less fuel economy, I could surely buy sometime else already on the market.

Adding more & more standard features each year has made the Mirage less & less appealing to me. At the same time, it hasn't done anything for those who appreciate added features like those found on a SE or GT.

I had this conversation with Richard (now owner of White Bear Mitsubishi) back in October of 2017. They were selling base level Mirage for under $10,000 for a good part of that year. We both felt the days of new Mirage being under $10,000 were limited, because more & more features were going to be added each year (rising the overall cost of the car). One change was mandatory (back up cameras) in 2018. In a way, we were sort of right. A base level Mirage isn't really all that basic in my opinion. Likewise, they aren't as cheap either.

Although I never owned one, the Mirage reminds me of the 2000-05 Toyota Echo. Car critics never really embraced the Echo, but owners of the Echo did! By the way - the 5-speed manual Echo had a 1.5L engine (108 hp) that got appropriately the same mpg rating as the Mirage. I never owned one or drove one, but Toyota was at least smart enough to send them to the U.S. with 175/65-14 tires!

I expect the Renault/Nissan Alliance may ruin the Mirage some day, but I am also glad it's not happening any time soon! I could care less what the new front looks like. I plan on being happy with what I have for a long time. If new Mirages are cheap, reliable, & very economical 10+ years from now, I may just buy another one! What are the odds of that happening?

It will be interesting to see if all 5 trim levels continue to exist in the States. As more & more standard features are added, I don't see the need. If the manual transmission was ever dropped, I would lose all interest in the Mirage.

Likewise, someone (besides Jeep & Subaru) adding a 5-speed AWD vehicle to their line up would peak my interest. I wish the Outlander Sport had that option, but that's surely not happening. 5-speed FWD Outlander Sport days are even numbered now.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi motors might unveil sooner than the Thai Expo.
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 482
Size:  46.1 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    5-speed FWD Outlander Sport days are even numbered now.
    5 speed Outlander Sport days are done for the 2020. Better to buy up one of the remaining 2019's while you can if you want one. That's why I bought mine since this is it. If it ever gets wrecked I'll be very sad...
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodehunter View Post
    Mitsubishi motors might unveil sooner than the Thai Expo.
    If nothing else, I just like the title of this article -

"The Incredibly Growing Mitsubishi Mirage Gains a New Face"

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...ns-a-new-face/

I enjoy reading the comments. It gives ignorant people (those who never owned or even driven a Mirage) an chance to be enlightened a bit.

I like this paragraph in the article the best -

"While we can poke fun at the Mirage’s bottom-rung standing in the automotive food chain, Mitsubishi is having the last laugh. U.S. buyers clearly see something they like. Unlike most other small cars, the Mirage can boast of steadily rising sales. Through the end of October, Mirage sales are up 10.8 percent in the U.S., with last month showing a 23.4 percent year-over-year volume gain."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (11-11-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If nothing else, I just like the title of this article -
    10.8% growth in sales for the Mirage in the past year is great news. However, if it's 10.8% of 40,000 cars sold a year in the USA, that is 4000 more cars sold... and at Ford they sell 1 million F150's in the USA every single year.

So in my travels across southern Ontario and Michigan over the past 6 years owning a Mirage and noticing them now, still not that common a car to see. The odd one, and I have even seen some pretty beat up Mirage's in parking lots at road stops on the 401.

Last edited by dspace9; 11-08-2019 at 05:36 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)