Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: sudden loss of power

  1. #21
    Senior Member benwerks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    denver, colorado
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    132
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts
    alright, i'll check it out in a little bit



  2. #22
    Senior Member Wallythacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Niagara region
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,089
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 234 Times in 183 Posts
    I'll ask how often the cabin is given a thorough cleaning? To get rid of salt in the carpets? Fummins, how about your fleet? Are they given a good carpet rinse after each winter to remove the salt? Or just left to dry out for the next winter? Are good quality winter mats in place or what?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

    Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)


  3. #23
    Senior Member Fummins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Alberta
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    2,957
    Thanks
    1,206
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 908 Posts
    Most cars are bad. Wet floors all winter. Use cheap rubber floor mats that rarely get emptied. I pulled the "carpet" from one car cause it was soaked from to back. Some get so bad the gas door release handle freezes to the floor. Some drivers are good and give a shat, emptying the mats out when there's a pond forming but others are so special they want me to put sandbags in the back for traction or install awd tires.
    Reasonably Priced Car
    Truck
    POS Nissan

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 36.4 mpg (US) ... 15.5 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp)


  4. #24
    Senior Member benwerks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    denver, colorado
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    132
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts
    i had to drive across town this morning and there were no issues. i have a flipped over passenger side mat from another vehicle in place as a winter floor mat which is less than ideal. if i vaccumed the interior more than 3 times it would surprise me. as for salt, most places in this state use magnesium chloride to treat the roads or crushed red rocks and sand. water doesnt last very long out here if your not by it. this is pretty much the high desert.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to benwerks For This Useful Post:

    dspace9 (11-08-2019)

  6. #25
    Senior Member dspace9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,019
    Thanks
    634
    Thanked 154 Times in 129 Posts
    Right on. I wonder what a high-end reader would tell you about your Mirage? Maybe you can talk your way into a free diagnostic at the dealer, or some other garage.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 214 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)


  7. #26
    Senior Member benwerks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    denver, colorado
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    132
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts
    i dont doubt i could get it scanned correctly on tuesday before i go out of town. i will probably check the abs sensors and the wiring under the kick panel tomorrow since its supposed to be around 70 and sunny then cold again monday and tuesday.

  8. #27
    Senior Member Wallythacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Niagara region
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,089
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 234 Times in 183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Most cars are bad. Wet floors all winter. Use cheap rubber floor mats that rarely get emptied. I pulled the "carpet" from one car cause it was soaked from to back. Some get so bad the gas door release handle freezes to the floor. Some drivers are good and give a shat, emptying the mats out when there's a pond forming but others are so special they want me to put sandbags in the back for traction or install awd tires.
    Geezuz, it's a wonder every car doesn't have major intermittent connection issues. These Mirages are made better than I could ever imagine.

    Does gender have anything to do with who are the whiners that expect everything done for them? Actually, this is a good time to ask what mix of gender the drivers are and which Mirages have fewer issues with a certain gender?
    Last edited by Wallythacker; 11-09-2019 at 06:00 AM.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

    Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)


  9. #28
    Senior Member Wallythacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Niagara region
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,089
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 234 Times in 183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benwerks View Post
    i had to drive across town this morning and there were no issues. i have a flipped over passenger side mat from another vehicle in place as a winter floor mat which is less than ideal. if i vaccumed the interior more than 3 times it would surprise me. as for salt, most places in this state use magnesium chloride to treat the roads or crushed red rocks and sand. water doesnt last very long out here if your not by it. this is pretty much the high desert.
    Huh, you shouldn't have corrosion then. And the connections should be dry. Maybe a layer of aluminum oxide has formed on the connector pins preventing good contact. I'm just guessing here.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

    Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)


  10. #29
    Senior Member benwerks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    denver, colorado
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    132
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Huh, you shouldn't have corrosion then. And the connections should be dry. Maybe a layer of aluminum oxide has formed on the connector pins preventing good contact. I'm just guessing here.
    it happened again tonight after it started getting cold out so i need to look at the connections

  11. #30
    Senior Member dspace9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,019
    Thanks
    634
    Thanked 154 Times in 129 Posts
    My Mirage has shuttered out and stalled out randomly a few times, mostly backing out of my driveway. But I would be getting yours looked at by a good mechanic. Real pain to live with your car like that sorry


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 214 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •