Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: sudden loss of power

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    I think in his first post he said he ran techron through it.
    Oh, yeah. Duh. Thanks.

Wishful thinking. I can't keep up with these troubleshooting threads.

Sometimes I post without reading (who said it first? we can make it our mission statement.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (11-09-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    today the tc lights and the abs light came on while driving to oreily's so i could work in their lot. got both front tires off and the abs sensors are present and the wires are fine. under the kick panel the wiring harness was pretty clean and the plastic sheet was covering the backs of the plugs still. im going to pull the rear wheels to check those sensors now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    brakes plus pulled the abs codes

c1340
    u1073
    u1100
    u1109

c1340 was associated with some stoplight.

the guy said try replacing the bulbs and see if it helps. i knocked on the side of each brake light and they turned back on and the lights on my dash are off...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

Sometimes I post without reading (who said it first? we can make it our mission statement.)

Yeah..I should have it printed on a t-shirt for myself!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by benwerks View Post
    brakes plus pulled the abs codes

c1340
    u1073
    u1100
    u1109

c1340 was associated with some stoplight.

the guy said try replacing the bulbs and see if it helps. i knocked on the side of each brake light and they turned back on and the lights on my dash are off...
    So, all this was caused by a faulty brake light?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    So, all this was caused by a faulty brake light?
    im guessing so but it might be the connections behind the lights. im replacing both lights but the problem seems to be gone

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    i replaced the stock bulbs with two 1157 sylvania leds and have no abs or tc lights on and the leds work fine.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    i replaced the stock bulbs with two 1157 sylvania leds and have no abs or tc lights on and the leds work fine.
    within 2 hours the dash lights back up... slapped the taillight assembly around a little to see if its a loose connection. nope. old bulbs back in, no brake lights, slapped them on the sides a little and rhey both start back up. the dash lights are off as long as the brake lights work. now to the closest open parts store for new bulbs

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    within 2 hours the dash lights back up... slapped the taillight assembly around a little to see if its a loose connection. nope. old bulbs back in, no brake lights, slapped them on the sides a little and rhey both start back up. the dash lights are off as long as the brake lights work. now to the closest open parts store for new bulbs
    I can't figure out what's going on with your Mirage, there benwerks. So the lights are acting up? I thought you were stalling out randomly? Best of luck getting everything resolved my friend.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I can't figure out what's going on with your Mirage, there benwerks. So the lights are acting up? I thought you were stalling out randomly? Best of luck getting everything resolved my friend.
    If I understand correctly, ETACS monitors the brake lights. If the lamp burn out, its an error that needs to be addressed.

I recall other posts of owners replacing their incandescent lamps with LEDs and it causes problems like this. In benwerks case, the problem seems to happen with incandescent and LED lamps. Maybe there is something else related causing this? I would inspect the lamp socket carefully for corrosion or other signs of damage. Also, it would be helpful to know if there have been any changes to the wiring back there, such as a backup camera (I've done this) connected to reverse lights or a trailer harness. Other than that, it's worth taking another look at the bank of connectors behind the left-front kick panel for signs of corrosion. Fummins has noted that sometimes it's hard to see water damage, but it has caused him lots of similar headaches and it is often where he goes first for troubleshooting & diagnosis.