Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 45 of 45

Thread: sudden loss of power

  1. #41
    Senior Member benwerks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    denver, colorado
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    128
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
    i replaced the stock bulbs with two 1157 sylvania leds and have no abs or tc lights on and the leds work fine.



  2. #42
    Senior Member benwerks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    denver, colorado
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    128
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benwerks View Post
    i replaced the stock bulbs with two 1157 sylvania leds and have no abs or tc lights on and the leds work fine.
    within 2 hours the dash lights back up... slapped the taillight assembly around a little to see if its a loose connection. nope. old bulbs back in, no brake lights, slapped them on the sides a little and rhey both start back up. the dash lights are off as long as the brake lights work. now to the closest open parts store for new bulbs

  3. #43
    Senior Member dspace9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,019
    Thanks
    634
    Thanked 154 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by benwerks View Post
    within 2 hours the dash lights back up... slapped the taillight assembly around a little to see if its a loose connection. nope. old bulbs back in, no brake lights, slapped them on the sides a little and rhey both start back up. the dash lights are off as long as the brake lights work. now to the closest open parts store for new bulbs
    I can't figure out what's going on with your Mirage, there benwerks. So the lights are acting up? I thought you were stalling out randomly? Best of luck getting everything resolved my friend.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 214 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)


  4. #44
    Moderator Eggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio ☃
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    7,016
    Thanks
    3,332
    Thanked 1,762 Times in 1,340 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I can't figure out what's going on with your Mirage, there benwerks. So the lights are acting up? I thought you were stalling out randomly? Best of luck getting everything resolved my friend.
    If I understand correctly, ETACS monitors the brake lights. If the lamp burn out, its an error that needs to be addressed.

    I recall other posts of owners replacing their incandescent lamps with LEDs and it causes problems like this. In benwerks case, the problem seems to happen with incandescent and LED lamps. Maybe there is something else related causing this? I would inspect the lamp socket carefully for corrosion or other signs of damage. Also, it would be helpful to know if there have been any changes to the wiring back there, such as a backup camera (I've done this) connected to reverse lights or a trailer harness. Other than that, it's worth taking another look at the bank of connectors behind the left-front kick panel for signs of corrosion. Fummins has noted that sometimes it's hard to see water damage, but it has caused him lots of similar headaches and it is often where he goes first for troubleshooting & diagnosis.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.8 mpg (US) ... 21.2 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.9 mpg (Imp)


  5. #45
    Senior Member benwerks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    denver, colorado
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    128
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 26 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    If I understand correctly, ETACS monitors the brake lights. If the lamp burn out, its an error that needs to be addressed.

    I recall other posts of owners replacing their incandescent lamps with LEDs and it causes problems like this. In benwerks case, the problem seems to happen with incandescent and LED lamps. Maybe there is something else related causing this? I would inspect the lamp socket carefully for corrosion or other signs of damage. Also, it would be helpful to know if there have been any changes to the wiring back there, such as a backup camera (I've done this) connected to reverse lights or a trailer harness. Other than that, it's worth taking another look at the bank of connectors behind the left-front kick panel for signs of corrosion. Fummins has noted that sometimes it's hard to see water damage, but it has caused him lots of similar headaches and it is often where he goes first for troubleshooting & diagnosis.
    i inspected the wiring harness pretty thoroughly and it was very clean. i even looked into all the ports with a flashlight and it was all shiny metal. im thinking about putting dielectric grease into the plugs and on the backs. i havent made any changes to the wiring in the car. no backup camera or anything. my thoughts are that if the etacs detects a failed brakelight it puts you into safe mode and that sylvania 1157's are not canbus ready. it might be the connection to the brakelights is the problem though so new bulbs might be a temporary solution.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •