Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: sudden loss of power

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Loss of power.. so no engine power and the car cuts out. I'm not sure. Might be a small fix in the end, but you can't live with the car like that.

My Mirage has a problem with a leak around the EVAP, the Evaporative Emission Control System.

A small leak somewhere near the fuel filler and/ or around the gas cap is leaking, causing a sensor to go off and my check engine light on. Still not solved.
    i made it home without intermittent power losses or tc lights. even over bumpy roads. weird that an evap leak cant be traced down but its not going to stall your engine. j was worried that something was wrong with my clutch or transmission because it was like trying to accelerate without downshifting but wasnt bogging out just stuck at 2k rpms no matter which gear i was in.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to benwerks For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-08-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by benwerks View Post
    i made it home without intermittent power losses or tc lights. even over bumpy roads. weird that an evap leak cant be traced down but its not going to stall your engine. j was worried that something was wrong with my clutch or transmission because it was like trying to accelerate without downshifting but wasnt bogging out just stuck at 2k rpms no matter which gear i was in.
    True my evap leak won't stall out my engine. Hope you get yours back to normal. Mine is a minor issue that is becoming a big annoyance because of the multiple dealer visits I have made.

And back to square one with 6 visits to the dealer's shop.. but hopefully they will have it all done at the end of the month.
    Christmas is coming, and I need to visit the malls before they get full of people and empty of good presents.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    i havent bought anything. the code scanmer was a generic scanner from pepboys so im unsure about if it would read the abs codes.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'd be surprised if the magnetic sender in the bearing was pooched as it takes either high heat, enough that you'd smell something burning from the cabin, or high pressure, and again, you'd have to notice a change like that while in the cabin, to alter magnetic properties of something.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

After reading post#6 again, I'd just take it to the dealer and see if they'll cover it first. If they won't help find out what code is stored. There will be one for the abs and maybe a bunch of other stuff.

It
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:31 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    the dealership told me its a 2 week wait for a service appointment the last time i went in and i was told my warranty ended at 50k because im the second owner. im not the best with interior work. how would i get the lh kick panel off?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    alright, i'll check it out in a little bit

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'll ask how often the cabin is given a thorough cleaning? To get rid of salt in the carpets? Fummins, how about your fleet? Are they given a good carpet rinse after each winter to remove the salt? Or just left to dry out for the next winter? Are good quality winter mats in place or what?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Most cars are bad. Wet floors all winter.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:31 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    i had to drive across town this morning and there were no issues. i have a flipped over passenger side mat from another vehicle in place as a winter floor mat which is less than ideal. if i vaccumed the interior more than 3 times it would surprise me. as for salt, most places in this state use magnesium chloride to treat the roads or crushed red rocks and sand. water doesnt last very long out here if your not by it. this is pretty much the high desert.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to benwerks For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-08-2019)