Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
My Mirage has shuttered out and stalled out randomly a few times, mostly backing out of my driveway. But I would be getting yours looked at by a good mechanic. Real pain to live with your car like that sorry
im no stranger to stalling my car either. but ive had only one or two random stalls where the engine died. this is more the car wont rev past 2k or accelrate past 20 if im going less than 20. it really feels like limp mode but i dont know what would cause that unless my maf died. the connections feels likely cause and wouldn't be surprised if it was a bad ground or corroded wire. on my old jetta tdi i had a problem like this a few times but it was always weird and different. the diesel ate through my fuel lines twice, the maf sensor died twice, the turbo died and then finally the clutch disintegrated. as too finding a good mechanic, if you know kne who specializes in mitsubishis in the denver area let me know. i dont have time or another vehicle to drive that i could leave my car at the mechanics for something i can diagnose and fix. i drove all day today again and didnt have any problems until it got cold so i dont have a great hypothesis of what could be going wrong.