Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traction Control

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Traction Control

Hi guys,

Wondering who here drives with the traction control off? I took it off but the light on the dash is super bright and annoying lol. Would there be much fuel savings with it off? Thanks

I forget how the trac control works on the Mirage but I hope it's faster than my old nissan. I turn it off in my Armada all the time. Only because it's so slow to react, when it senses slip in it cuts the throttle and straightens out the vehicles by using the brakes. That's all great if you're the only one on the road but I hate it when you're pulling into traffic and the throttle cuts out.

I'm gonna have to say there will be zero fuel savings driving with the traction control off.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Daso (11-08-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    i don't know about fuel savings. I leave mine on because I thought once TC was turned off so was the stability control. I'm not saying my driving is that lousy that I need both TC and SC but with them on it's just fewer things to have to manage.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Daso (11-08-2019)

I'm not sure how it works on the mitsubishi's. I remember a buddy had a trailblazer ss, you could push the tc button to turn off the traction control but had to push and hold it to turn off the stabilitrac. My armada has a Vdc? button that only turns off the traction control but it still prevents you from trying to tokyo drift around a corner in the snow. It's a great feature for retards I guess.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Daso (11-08-2019)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daso View Post
    Hi guys,

Wondering who here drives with the traction control off? I took it off but the light on the dash is super bright and annoying lol. Would there be much fuel savings with it off? Thanks
    In my car you can't switch off traction control. I think it can't be done in any European Space Star. And about fuel saving, well, you can see my fuel log. I don't think it matters.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Space Wolf For This Useful Post:

Daso (11-08-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm not sure how it works on the mitsubishi's. I remember a buddy had a trailblazer ss, you could push the tc button to turn off the traction control but had to push and hold it to turn off the stabilitrac. My armada has a Vdc? button that only turns off the traction control but it still prevents you from trying to tokyo drift around a corner in the snow. It's a great feature for retards I guess.
    AW SHUCKS, that explains why my M1 Abrams won't drift worth a rats azz.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daso View Post
    Hi guys,

I've tested this with my Mirage. So under normal conditions, and driving with the ASC system off, the car feels basically the same. So my figuring is that the traction control etc. systems in the Mirage is pretty passive.

No annoying beeps, but there when you need it.

I have returned the same fuel economy with and without the system on and off. I just leave the system on for safety reasons.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Daso (11-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    do you press and hold the tc button for about ten seconds? it disables the traction control and it wont turn back on until you restart the car. my experiences are that when its dry out i try to keep the tc off but if its wet at all the tc does wonders and in the snow driving without tc is almost impossible.

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I only turn mine off when blasting through FEET of lake effect snow and you need to spin free.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you have snow tires for winter, turn it off and let the tires do the work. My car doesn’t have it and I prefer it that way

2017 Mirage - track project and DD
    1990 Talon TSi - E3 16G turbo, FIC 980s, 27psi, DSMlink, tons of mods. The heartbreaker.