Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 CVT thread

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I uber so if I can get 150k miles Ill be grateful.
    What would you say is your typical/usual use? Put another way, what percentage city/highway do you drive?

And roughly how much weight would you say you usually tote? (with passengers/cargo)

Any elevation changes, or relatively flat?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    What would you say is your typical/usual use? Put another way, what percentage city/highway do you drive?

And roughly how much weight would you say you usually tote? (with passengers/cargo)

Any elevation changes, or relatively flat?
    60% city/ 40% hwy, mostly have one passenger with 1 to 2 pieces of luggage, (I avoid Uber pool when possible)
    Atlanta is hilly.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I always thought of Atlanta as flat. Blame it on Gone with the Wind
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I plan on doing a 2 x drain and fill every 30K with a new aux filter every time. Every 60K I will also drop the pan and clean the screen/replace the main filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Seems to be a bit late in the year to start the 2019 thread. Did anyone ever reach a conclusion as to what intervals the two filters should be changed?

On my quick search of Aliexpress I found what I think to be the cheapest filter/oring/gasket. Not sure if anyone here has tried them.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33033938974.html
    2014 spark should be the same

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ic,filter,8600Attachment 15885

Versa should be too but I didn't know they use an allison transmission for 2018 https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ic,filter,8600
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-13-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Good thinking with that. $14 seems to be the best so far for just the filter. I guess $10 is the best for the cartridge.

Holy crap they want $26 for just the gasket.

Looks like our buddies on the spark forum have been through this pain before. They got ripped off even harder on the pricing!
    https://chevysparkforum.com/topic/51...in-and-refill/
    Last edited by Mirageman38; 11-14-2019 at 12:39 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Good thinking with that. $14 seems to be the best so far for just the filter. I guess $10 is the best for the cartridge.

Holy crap they want $26 for just the gasket.

Looks like our buddies on the spark forum have been through this pain before. They got ripped off even harder on the pricing!
    https://chevysparkforum.com/topic/51...in-and-refill/
    Yeesh, what a nightmare. Just another example of how easy our Mirage’s are to maintain.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    One fluid change right when I got the car at 45k miles at a Mitsu dealership. I check the color, oem should be a pale green, every 2 weeks. When I hit 75k miles Im getting fresh fluid, ordering that side aux filter online and having a trusted mechanic put it in.
    by fluid change do you mean just draining whats in the pan and then adding what drained back in or do you mean a full flush?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdeezy View Post
    I plan on doing a 2 x drain and fill every 30K with a new aux filter every time. Every 60K I will also drop the pan and clean the screen/replace the main filter.
    correct me if i'm wrong but, i'm assuming that the aux filter is after the main filter that's in the pan

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm preparing to do CVT fluid and filter replacement on my daughter's 2015 DE CVT and noticed that the CVT pan gasket for the 2014 Chevy Spark doesn't match the Nissan and Mitsubishi gaskets. GM was trying to save a few pennies per CVT apparently and decided to go with 14 fasteners instead of the 15 that Nissan and Mitsubishi use. The GM gasket (AC Delco 25191102) is the top image. I counted the number of holes many times to convince myself that the GM gasket was not the same as the other two. All are Jatco JF015e transaxles.

I usually buy parts from Rock Auto because their prices are typically lowest before shipping. I almost ordered the GM CVT pan gasket and noticed the difference. Always worthwhile to triple check things. I ordered the CVT pan gasket and the paper filter for the oil warmer from Nissan because the price with shipping was a little cheaper.

Attached Images Attached Images    

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thx1138guy For This Useful Post:

Mirageman38 (06-18-2020),Princess_Bishi (04-19-2022),Top_Fuel (06-18-2020)