Thread: 360,000 miles :)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

360,000 miles :)

Just finished post in the newbie section so ended up here looking to resolve a few issues. Yes, that's correct 360,00 miles but still running well. About a month ago I drove through a high ware area as it was dark and didn't really see it till it was too late. The battery light came on for a minuet then went out. Well, last week it started flashing intermittently, it's a high voltage issue around 15 volts as I can see the headlights get brighter. The battery seems to be around 15 volts. Tested and it and fluctuates 14. 5 to 15.2. I looked for a new alternator, but they are seem to not be available in part stores and the dealer wants 550 REALLY I did buy on Ebay 92.00 it had 44,000 miles but still have the issue not as much but still flashed, any thoughts. Hard to believe I'd find one with the same issue. I do have a right front wheel bearing going bad about time right well they can't be found either and of course the dealer wants 580 that's absurd for one. Did find them on the Ebay web site for 86 each actually did some research and they are a Timken bearing, will in-stall next week. Have great day hopefully I get this voltage issue resolved, from Michigan Phil.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copper 2019 For This Useful Post:

BigMW (04-20-2024),coolflippers (Yesterday),Fummins (04-19-2024),Grumpy Bear (04-20-2024),inuvik (04-19-2024)

Welcome! I think you've got the highest mileage Mirage on the Forum now. The highest in the fleet I maintain has 565,000km/351,000miles.

Chances are you have a broken wire in the harness along the front top of the intake manifold. It's a relatively common problem that I found years ago on these things. The spots where the harness is zip tied wear through and eventually wear through the insulation and leave the wiring hanging on by a thread. It seems to most often do exactly as you described. Battery light on and it overcharges slightly. There are a few threads about this. I'll try to upload some pics of the places to look but basically start on the passenger side of the harness at the top of the engine where the ground to the head and alternator harness join then un-tape it, loosening off the zip ties along the harness towards the drivers side around the corner to where the harness gets chunky and the maf wires join in. Inspect it carefully, I think it's the red or white with red trace wire that tends to wear through. Usually at the zip ties closest to passenger side but sometimes closer to the drivers. If you don't see any obvious breaks, give each wire a slight tug along the entire harness. Even a pinhole in the insulation can corrode it inside.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

coolflippers (Yesterday),Eggman (04-19-2024),Grumpy Bear (04-20-2024),strawboss (04-21-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    I want to say, it seems Phil Copper might have said his 360k mile Mirage is a 2019. Now that's racking up the miles.

Phil - Is that right? Is it a 2019? If so, it's got to be a blue one.

On Edit: Oh wait, Copper ... maybe it's one of them O-Range ones.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

coolflippers (Yesterday)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Now that's racking up the miles.
    Yeah, that's impressive. I'm curious how many miles of that are leisure.

'21 1.2 MT