Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fog lights installation (how to enable without ETACS/computer connection)

I'm pretty sure you can see the pigtail on the drivers side easier than the passenger side. It looks like it's taped to the harness on the side of the rad support with a white and black wire, it's fairly obvious cause there's enough wire to reach where the back of the foglight would be. About 3-4" maybe more? Hard to tell when it's bunched up though, especially on the passenger side.
    Look under the hood, straight down behind the drivers headlight, follow the outer edge of the rad support and you will hopefully see a pigtail there.

Here's the only pics I could find https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ll=1#post45344

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrfixit View Post
    This set is even fancier than the ones I bought. These are LED, but are direct fit and plug right into the existing harness.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Mitsubi...0AAOSwIh5eBjBq
    Dredging this back up again, because when I go to eBay and filter for MIRAGE, it indicates these are not compatible. It's trying to imply these fit the G4 but not the Mirage. But I think the fog lights between the Mirage and G4 are exactly the same. Just wanting to see if anyone knows for sure. I'm guessing they actually work for the Mirage as well.

Anyone?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Dredging this back up again, because when I go to eBay and filter for MIRAGE, it indicates these are not compatible. It's trying to imply these fit the G4 but not the Mirage. But I think the fog lights between the Mirage and G4 are exactly the same. Just wanting to see if anyone knows for sure. I'm guessing they actually work for the Mirage as well.

Anyone?
    17+ HB and G4 are the same. 14 & 15 have an additional bracket the fog light attaches to before being mounted on bumper.
    (blank signature)

I bought these https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-Mitsubis...72.m2749.l2649 to replace a broken light on my 14'. I had to use my old brackets to make them work.
    I assume they'd fit a 17+ Mirage. I'd look up and compare the parts on a mitsu site to be sure though.

Aparently they're the same ones other have used. Glass lens like the factory ones. The bulbs are bright and still working after 10-11 months.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I too just got a foglight kit..it came with no switch..am I missing something or do they not come with power switch stub..I then bought a honda harness for h16 bulbs to install them that way with a switch..but id like to do it correct way if I can.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djulie1 View Post
    I too just got a foglight kit..it came with no switch..am I missing something or do they not come with power switch stub..I then bought a honda harness for h16 bulbs to install them that way with a switch..but id like to do it correct way if I can.
    I have an entry level 2017 Mirage ES that surely doesn't come with fog lights. Yet, my Mirage has the switch for fog lights on the turn signals just the same. I've never heard of a Mirage in the States not having the fog light switch already installed, but maybe that has changed?

I assume any North american Mirage that came with ac also has the fog/rear fog light switch. It's just an outer ring that spins on the turn signal stalk like Mark mentioned.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

I knew that

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I assume any North american Mirage that came with ac also has the fog/rear fog light switch. It's just an outer ring that spins on the turn signal stalk like Mark mentioned.
    After reading this I went out to my shop and looked at my Outlander and Mirage..lol ..I knew this ,,I feel stupid now ..Now whats easiest way to install. My 51 Plymouth is on lift and has to sit there another month..did u go through inner fender ?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    You had me at, "is on the lift..."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Sorry for bringing an old thread up but just wanted to confirm the process OP shared works on 2012 Mirage as well (for those of us with an older model). My trim has the fog light switch already, I think I have the wiring but not the connectors. Maybe will pull of the bumper to check some time