Thread: SE TRIM--- Anyone have?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

SE TRIM--- Anyone have?

I'm curious if the larger wheels change how the car handles. Thanks again gang! Newbie questions, LOL

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I'm curious if the larger wheels change how the car handles. Thanks again gang! Newbie questions, LOL
    For what model year you asked about? My understanding is that the 14” inch tyres are only for the 2021+ ES trim level. LE, BE, SE and Ralliart Edition (RE) comes with the 15” inch tyres which help handle the car better than 14”.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    For what model year you asked about? My understanding is that the 14” inch tyres are only for the 2021+ ES trim level. LE, BE, SE and Ralliart Edition (RE) comes with the 15” inch tyres which help handle the car better than 14”.
    Mirage trim levels are very confusing. For example, the ES was the top trim level for 2014-15. Then in 2017 the ES became the base trim level.

During the 2017-20 model years, the ES, LE, SE, & GT were common trim levels. ES = 14" steel wheels, LE = 15" black alloy, SE = 14" alloy, & GT = 15" alloy wheels. I think that all changed in 2021. An older SE would have had factory 14" alloy wheels. When the GT was dropped & the SE became the top trim level, it finally got the 15" alloy wheels.

Some Mirage owners will run 175/65r14 (23" outside diameter) tires on their 14" rims, & some will run 185/55r15 (23" outside diameter) wheels on their 15" rims. A 14" & 15" Mirage wheel will be the same basic outside diameter. A 15" rim will give you more rim & less tire sidewall, which may improve handling.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (10-14-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Have you done a test drive yet? Wheels might be the least of your concerns.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Have you done a test drive yet? Wheels might be the least of your concerns.
    Not yet...