Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fog lights installation (how to enable without ETACS/computer connection)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol View Post
    Opening and closing the driver's door 5 times cracked me up!
    They should have, for full comic effect, had you get out of the car and run around it every time you opened the door, changing the direction you ran each time you exited the vehicle, lol!
    And you should be chasing a good looking girl in a skimpy outfit with Benny Hill music on your radio

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What the heck is ETACS? Could you do this in MUTT3? I have one of the $10 aliexpress VCI cables coming in and found MUTT3 on rutracker.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    And you should be chasing a good looking girl in a skimpy outfit with Benny Hill music on your radio
    That would be a Mitsubishi Mirage "programming your fog lights" youtube clip worth watching!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    What the heck is ETACS?
    ETACS (Electronic Time and Alarm Control System) Controls all of the electrical components, providing the driver with peace of mind and convenience.

ETACS is Mitsubishi's unique system that controls all of the vehicle's electrical components including the headlights, door mirrors, windshield wipers, etc. It provides peace of mind and convenience and supports driving by controlling all of the vehicle's equipment precisely in a variety of situations.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en...-library-etacs

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Yep. Maybe then Demuro and Scotty would finally appreciate the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    What the heck is ETACS? Could you do this in MUTT3? I have one of the $10 aliexpress VCI cables coming in and found MUTT3 on rutracker.
    ETACS (Electronic Time and Alarm Control System) Controls all of the electrical components, providing the driver with peace of mind and convenience.

ETACS is Mitsubishi's unique system that controls all of the vehicle's electrical components including the headlights, door mirrors, windshield wipers, etc. It provides peace of mind and convenience and supports driving by controlling all of the vehicle's equipment precisely in a variety of situations.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en...-library-etacs
    So, as Mark pointed out ETACS is a Mitsubishi system they use in most all of their cars for controlling stuff. The Multi-Use Tester-III (MUT-III) is the diagnostic tool used to access and modify various vehicle parameters, including ETACS.

More ETACS info here: (not sure how accurate this is, so keep that in mind. )

Quote Originally Posted by http://mitsipedia.info
    ETACS

ETACS refers to a control system which looks after security and convenience features in some vehicles. Since 2005, its role has been expanded to act as a central hub for the car's entire electronic functions.

Electronic Time and Alarm Control System (Early ETACS)

Early ETACS was used to provide security, interior lighting and central locking for vehicles. It has been used in a wide range of Mitsubishi vehicles and first served in the Magna from the TP onwards.

Key to the system are a security system with immobilisation, central locking, interior light timer with dimming, ignition key illumination with timer, a rear window demister which turns off automatically after 20 minutes and a power window system which can be used for 20 seconds after the car is turned off.

Electronic Total Automotive Control System (Newer ETACS)

ETACS was revised and renamed in 2005. As with Early ETACS feautres vary across the Mitsubishi model range. ETACS has grown to become the hub for all the vehicle's electronic functions. It allows for the customisation of standard features and the addition of optional equipment.

The system uses the Controller Area Network (CAN) and Local Interconnect Network protocols (LIN) defined by Bosch. CANs are used to connect various control units (powertrain, safety, entertainment, door lock control, etc) and allow intercommunication between them while LINs complement the CAN to connect sensors, switches and actuators to the car's control units.
    Using the instructions provided, Bristol was able to modify setting in ETACS and enable the foglights without using a MUT-III. The Owner's Manual describes other similar procedures.
    Last edited by Eggman; 11-10-2019 at 11:59 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello all,
    . . . . I never could get the validation procedure in the installation instructions to work. My dealer, White Bear Mitsubishi, was nice enough to turn my foglamps on for me. I know that it only takes 5 to 10 minutes to do this through ETACS. I don't understand why they charge about $100. They were nice enough to waive the charge for me.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    ...White Bear Mitsubishi, was nice enough to turn my foglamps on for me.
    ...They were nice enough to waive the charge for me.
    Glad they got you going. Even better that they didn't charge you!

My Mitsubishi dealer bills me $100 if I ask where the restrooms are located.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Top_Fuel,
    . . . . Ouch! The only happening with my dealer that I don't like is that face masks are being required. I am disabled and not able to wear one because of my disability. I have been asked twice to do so and I tell them about my disability and then they back off but I get dirty looks from some of the other patrons. I don't like the harassment. So far no police officers have bothered me but that is going to happen with all of the unfounded fear that is out there. I need a shirt that reads 'I am disabled, I can not wear a face mask due to my disability, I am not required to tell you anything about my medical condition, so just leave me a lone'. Argh!!
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Top_Fuel,
    . . . . Ouch! The only happening with my dealer that I don't like is that face masks are being required. I am disabled and not able to wear one because of my disability. I have been asked twice to do so and I tell them about my disability and then they back off but I get dirty looks from some of the other patrons. I don't like the harassment. So far no police officers have bothered me but that is going to happen with all of the unfounded fear that is out there. I need a shirt that reads 'I am disabled, I can not wear a face mask due to my disability, I am not required to tell you anything about my medical condition, so just leave me a lone'. Argh!!
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    No-one should go through harassment...sorry for your troubles...if people don't like it, they can go pound sand...the masks won't stop the virus...and neither will keeping everything closed...l got looks today from co-workers when l had to take my mask off for a second to breathe bc l work in a factory with 90 Degrees and 90% Humidity all day long regardless of the weather outside.

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles