Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fog lights installation (how to enable without ETACS/computer connection)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Hello all,
    . . . . Will these work in the headlights? https://www.auxbeam.com/70024212
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    I believe you have the stock H4 housing. No, it will not fit

Name:  H4 bulb vs. 9007.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  46.4 KB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitz For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (08-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey everyone. Just a few things to note. I'm the guy that made that YouTube video and I wanted to let all of you know that there are aftermarket fog light kits that are perfect fit for the Mirage that cost 1/3rd of the price. I think I paid maybe $40.00 for the kit, and it plugged right into the factory wiring.
    I also want to let you know that you can turn on the fog light option without ETACS. I can say for certain that the OTC evolve and the Autel maxisys 908 both have it as an option to activate, so you can call around to local shops and see if they have those scan tools. It literally takes seconds to activate the option in both of them.

Lastly, if you want to add factory cruise, you will need to use Etacs. I haven't found an aftermarket scan tool that has that option.
    I've had these installed about a year now and my ES is the most SE Mirage you will ever see! Love my little car!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrfixit View Post
    I wanted to let all of you know that there are aftermarket fog light kits that are perfect fit for the Mirage that cost 1/3rd of the price. I think I paid maybe $40.00 for the kit, and it plugged right into the factory wiring.
    Any links to these lamps?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This set is even fancier than the ones I bought. These are LED, but are direct fit and plug right into the existing harness.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Mitsubi...0AAOSwIh5eBjBq

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't seem to find the link to the set I bought, but you would never be able to tell the difference between them and OEM stock.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Hello all,
    . . . . Will these work in the headlights? https://www.auxbeam.com/70024212
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    l don't think they will...the headlights require 9003 H4 to work and those Auxbeam are 9007...different bulbs.
    These will work in your headlight https://www.auxbeam.com/headlight-bu...ze/h4/gd001045
    Unless the G4 headlights have different bulbs from the Hatchback version, the 9007 bulbs won't fit your headlight housing...but the H4 HB2 9003 bulbs will
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not about fog lights but related. When I purchased my car, it was missing the left fog light cap. The salesperson said he's going to order the part. A month ago he said the part came but it's not the right one and he's going to have to contact Mitsubishi to get the right one. I don't think he actually ordered anything and not going to (typical salesperson who doesn't care after purchase is done). I'm thinking about removing the other cap and just leave 2 holes on the car. Is it safe? I don't think anything can get in the engine through those holes but I don't really know for sure...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    Not about fog lights but related. When I purchased my car, it was missing the left fog light cap. The salesperson said he's going to order the part. A month ago he said the part came but it's not the right one and he's going to have to contact Mitsubishi to get the right one. I don't think he actually ordered anything and not going to (typical salesperson who doesn't care after purchase is done). I'm thinking about removing the other cap and just leave 2 holes on the car. Is it safe? I don't think anything can get in the engine through those holes but I don't really know for sure...
    I recently added fog lights to my Mirage (2018 ES hatchback).

The fog light cutouts in the bumper open into the engine compartment, directly in front of the wheel well splash guards. They are down very low, so I don't think anything entering in (dirt or water) will cause you any issue. IIRC almost everything directly below the hole is plastic/fiberglass so rust shouldn't be an issue, either.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Adding to this thread as to NOT start another. I was up under the Blueberry yesterday and was poking my head around looking at the backside of the fog light blanks (through holes / gaps in the underbody plastics). I started trying to see the wire harnesses, because adding the fog lights is something I'm going to do. I did not see the wire harnesses. But I read another thread that the passenger side w/h is taped to the washer fluid bottle.

Can anyone confirm if this remains true for the 2020 models?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Can't say for 2020 with 100% certainty, but on my 2018 the connectors were indeed in place, and just taped (with electrical tape) around another wiring harness just on the other side of the passenger side wheel well. It's in a place which would probably be somewhat difficult to see from either above or underneath.