Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Fog lights

  1. #31
    Senior Member Mitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Cavite
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    435
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 212 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Hello all,
    . . . . Will these work in the headlights? https://www.auxbeam.com/70024212
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    I believe you have the stock H4 housing. No, it will not fit

    Name:  H4 bulb vs. 9007.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  46.4 KB



  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitz For This Useful Post:

    MirageRally (08-22-2020)

  3. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Boone,NC
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 41 Times in 19 Posts
    Hey everyone. Just a few things to note. I'm the guy that made that YouTube video and I wanted to let all of you know that there are aftermarket fog light kits that are perfect fit for the Mirage that cost 1/3rd of the price. I think I paid maybe $40.00 for the kit, and it plugged right into the factory wiring.
    I also want to let you know that you can turn on the fog light option without ETACS. I can say for certain that the OTC evolve and the Autel maxisys 908 both have it as an option to activate, so you can call around to local shops and see if they have those scan tools. It literally takes seconds to activate the option in both of them.

    Lastly, if you want to add factory cruise, you will need to use Etacs. I haven't found an aftermarket scan tool that has that option.
    I've had these installed about a year now and my ES is the most SE Mirage you will ever see! Love my little car!!

  4. #33
    Moderator Eggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    8,472
    Thanks
    3,689
    Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrfixit View Post
    I wanted to let all of you know that there are aftermarket fog light kits that are perfect fit for the Mirage that cost 1/3rd of the price. I think I paid maybe $40.00 for the kit, and it plugged right into the factory wiring.
    Any links to these lamps?

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.8 mpg (US) ... 21.2 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.8 mpg (Imp)


  5. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Boone,NC
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 41 Times in 19 Posts
    This set is even fancier than the ones I bought. These are LED, but are direct fit and plug right into the existing harness.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Mitsubi...0AAOSwIh5eBjBq

  6. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Boone,NC
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 41 Times in 19 Posts
    I can't seem to find the link to the set I bought, but you would never be able to tell the difference between them and OEM stock.

  7. #36
    Nickname: "Rally" MirageRally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Mentor, OH
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    411
    Thanks
    344
    Thanked 85 Times in 75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Hello all,
    . . . . Will these work in the headlights? https://www.auxbeam.com/70024212
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    l don't think they will...the headlights require 9003 H4 to work and those Auxbeam are 9007...different bulbs.
    These will work in your headlight https://www.auxbeam.com/headlight-bu...ze/h4/gd001045
    Unless the G4 headlights have different bulbs from the Hatchback version, the 9007 bulbs won't fit your headlight housing...but the H4 HB2 9003 bulbs will
    Approved by the one and only MirageRally...lol

  8. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    242
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 34 Times in 25 Posts
    Not about fog lights but related. When I purchased my car, it was missing the left fog light cap. The salesperson said he's going to order the part. A month ago he said the part came but it's not the right one and he's going to have to contact Mitsubishi to get the right one. I don't think he actually ordered anything and not going to (typical salesperson who doesn't care after purchase is done). I'm thinking about removing the other cap and just leave 2 holes on the car. Is it safe? I don't think anything can get in the engine through those holes but I don't really know for sure...

  9. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    WA, USA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    39
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 17 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    Not about fog lights but related. When I purchased my car, it was missing the left fog light cap. The salesperson said he's going to order the part. A month ago he said the part came but it's not the right one and he's going to have to contact Mitsubishi to get the right one. I don't think he actually ordered anything and not going to (typical salesperson who doesn't care after purchase is done). I'm thinking about removing the other cap and just leave 2 holes on the car. Is it safe? I don't think anything can get in the engine through those holes but I don't really know for sure...
    I recently added fog lights to my Mirage (2018 ES hatchback).

    The fog light cutouts in the bumper open into the engine compartment, directly in front of the wheel well splash guards. They are down very low, so I don't think anything entering in (dirt or water) will cause you any issue. IIRC almost everything directly below the hole is plastic/fiberglass so rust shouldn't be an issue, either.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •