Thread: Working on a partsco lot.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Working on a partsco lot.

For those of you without a garage, or your own driveway, or have are prohibitions in your lease where do you work on your cars? Do the parts suppliers allow you to install what you bought in their parking lots without hassling you? Do they limit the types of jobs you can do?

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    my apartment frowns upon working in the parking lot. so i go to a parts store or a friends driveway when available for basic stuff. otherwise there is a shop in denver called diy automotive. they rent you a space in their garage with a lift and a large variety of tools for about $40/hour.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by benwerks View Post
    my apartment frowns upon working in the parking lot. so i go to a parts store or a friends driveway when available for basic stuff. otherwise there is a shop in denver called diy automotive. they rent you a space in their garage with a lift and a large variety of tools for about $40/hour.
    From a half-dozen DIY garages, at least one in each of the metro area's four corners, a decade ago, there is now exactly 1, and it's in Barrie, a good hour outside the major Toronto metro area. When I lived in Barrie I had a DIY two blocks away. I never needed it. I could use one now for some of my projects. @ $40/hr., it doesn't make sense to do oil changes though.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    id say its also about an hour for me to get to the diy maybe 45 minutes depending on traffic. doing things that i can do on a jack stand in a parking lot. like replacing my struts or or alternator or anything less difficult than that. ill do that in a parking lot or something similar.