Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from NC

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hello from NC

I’ve owned my mirage for a few months now and I dig it. It’s a 2014, CVT (not a fan of the CVT). Prior to the mirage, my daily car was a Jeep commander. With this car I’ve seen anywhere from 32-46 mpg (mainly depending on my mood and time of day) with the Jeep I’d be ecstatic if I was getting 16 mpg. I’ve been hanging out on this forum for a while now just reading a lot and I figured I’d make my first post. I’d really like to upgrade this car and the first thing that comes to mind is cruise control, if Daox is still making kits.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome! Sounds like a good plan. I am a fellow Jeep expat and fled for better MPG.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Welcome aboard!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Best small car, best site for information.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Hello Chilimac and welcome to the forum.

Show off your new (to you) Mirage by making a Garage entry. It's an easy way for you and others to keep track of your Mirage and any modification you make to it.

I have the factory cruise control on my 2015 and I think it works great. Word here is it helps with fuel economy as well as helps keep your attention on the road rather than worry about your speed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I too own a 2014 DE CVT. How many miles? Hopefully the 1st thing you did when you got it was put in fresh CVT fluid preferably OEM? Also check the month it was manufactured. This model had 2 different CVTs oddly enough, one that made before 04/01/14 and a different one after that date. It was never discovered what the difference was between the two, I tried with no luck. Its also unknown if they're interchangeable in case, God forbid, you need to find a used one. I uber in mine, and its been fantastic so far at 60k miles.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-11-2019)

Welcome, Chilimac!

Did you do a private sale transaction or get it from a dealer? Was it actually the Jeep's MPG that prompted you to get the car?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I too own a 2014 DE CVT. How many miles? Hopefully the 1st thing you did when you got it was put in fresh CVT fluid preferably OEM? Also check the month it was manufactured. This model had 2 different CVTs oddly enough, one that made before 04/01/14 and a different one after that date. It was never discovered what the difference was between the two, I tried with no luck. Its also unknown if they're interchangeable in case, God forbid, you need to find a used one. I uber in mine, and its been fantastic so far at 60k miles.
    I bought it with 64k miles. The fluid change was actually the reason I found the forum. I haven’t done it yet but I plan on it within the next week or two. I travel a lot for work so I haven’t had a lot of time/motivation for it. But it’s spends a lot of time at the airport parking garage so I haven’t put many miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome, Chilimac!

Did you do a private sale transaction or get it from a dealer? Was it actually the Jeep's MPG that prompted you to get the car?
    I got it at a dealer. The Jeep was enjoyable, I don’t have a truck so it was nice to have to the room of the Jeep for home projects and such. It was also nice when I was in the army because you could pack 7 guys in it and go out on the town. But it gave me a lot of issues over the years and when the heater core went out that was the final straw. It wasn’t a project I was willing to tackle myself and I didn’t want to put any more money into a 165k mike car. Also, when I’m actually working in an office and not out in the field, it was $50 a week just to get to work and back in the Jeep.
    Last edited by Chilimac; 11-11-2019 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Typo

I hear you. I've been battling an intermittent charging problem on a 20 year-old, $1000 car for a few days. Not fun laying on a cold garage floor with winter here now. Junk car tolerance is low!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have no excuse for ignoring auto tasks except I've filled my garage with enough sound equipment to equip GNR for a 120db concert at Shea Stadium.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)