Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: G4 reservoir is slowly leaking coolant. Update - solved: heater core hose.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    I’m glad the leak has apparently stopped. I was going to ask about posting a update. Glad to hear it seems to be fixed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I’m glad the leak has apparently stopped. I was going to ask about posting a update. Glad to hear it seems to be fixed.
    Im not sure if it is fixed though or if its just a temporary band aid. The service didnt even bother to retest it after they tried to restraighten the metal connect tubing, abysmal service IMO. They know it was damaged by another shady Mitsubishi dealership when they put in a new engine, but since it wasnt their dealership they did the bare minimum in trying to get it replaced. It was also a 4 week process just to get denied too. Good cars, bad warranty service. Im going to stop recommending these cars to folks if they buy brand new.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Good cars, bad warranty service. Im going to stop recommending these cars to folks if they buy brand new.
    Your case is why I don't regret buying a new Mirage @ a highly discounted price.

Buying a used car to later find out it had its engine replaced would make me wonder what happened?

The Mirage appears to be a reliable car. I bought one hoping I will never have to go to a dealership for anything. I wouldn't recommend any vehicle that requires lots of service done by a dealership. Taking care of a recall items isn't convenient for me, & my Mirage came from a dealership 4 hours away. My best cars never went back to dealerships for anything.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Your case is why I don't regret buying a new Mirage @ a highly discounted price.

Buying a used car to later find out it had its engine replaced would make me wonder what happened?

The Mirage appears to be a reliable car. I bought one hoping I will never have to go to a dealership for anything. I wouldn't recommend any vehicle that requires lots of service done by a dealership. Taking care of a recall items isn't convenient for me, & my Mirage came from a dealership 4 hours away. My best cars never went back to dealerships for anything.
    We got the full warranty for the G4, I made sure of it during the negotiations, plus a spare tire, and an extra keyfob. My issue is it should of been taken care of under the 100k mile bumper to bumper. Unbelievable. The fact that it was a dealership that was shut down for shady business practices should of lit a fire under Mitsu corporate azz to offer me something, discount, goodwill gesture, etc.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    We got the full warranty for the G4, I made sure of it during the negotiations, plus a spare tire, and an extra keyfob. My issue is it should of been taken care of under the 100k mile bumper to bumper. Unbelievable. The fact that it was a dealership that was shut down for shady business practices should of lit a fire under Mitsu corporate azz to offer me something, discount, goodwill gesture, etc.
    I actually share some of your concerns about Mitsubishi. I really like my Mirage, but I am not impressed with Mitsubishi as a company. My knock is not on their products. It's their network of dealerships. Dealerships seem to be lacking (don't exist in some areas), or they can be very lame in how they do business (treat customers). This is not a formula for success.

In all honesty, I think the Mirage has done quite well. A Mirage doesn't have the dealership support of Toyota, Honda, & even KIA/Hyundai. If the Chevy Spark outsells the Mirage on any given year, it's not because it is a better car. It's because Chevy dealerships are everywhere, & some people value that over the quality of the product.

That's why I sort of say what I do. If I felt a Mirage needed a lot of dealership support (service, warranty work, or recalls), I would have bought something else. I am sort of banking on the Mirage not needing much dealership support. The Mitsubishi warranties are great. If I have to use them, however, I will move on to something else the next time. Having said that, I don't know of a better car that's as affordable, reliable, & economical. That doesn't mean a Mirage will do everything a car needs to do for everyone. It may not be the right car for everyone, but it surely fills a niche other manufacturers are overlooking in the States.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-21-2019)