Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 2014 was titled ALL WRONG! Cost me $5G!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Heated mirrors, the extra vents under the seats to provide much needed heat to the back, alloys, probably more I'm missing. I'm not sure what the ES Plus is supposed to have because I always thought my 2014 was an ES Plus. I was amazed at the junk such a car came with but it all makes more sense now knowing it was an SE all along.
    Did it have auto temp controls, fog lights, heated seats ? If not, I'd assume it's just an es plus that the dealer put aluminum wheels on. I'm pretty sure all our 15' es plus' have vents under the front seats.

https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/b...014-mirage.pdf
    I assume the convienience package is es plus? I didn't know that included cruise, thought that was standard in an se? Cruise didn't come in an es plus in 15 or 17' but did it 19'.

Maybe 14' was a weird year?

Last edited by Fummins; 11-15-2019 at 02:04 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm not following the logic of how you're out money. You pay for car A, insure it for value A and expect value B (higher) when it's totaled. It sounds to me like you got a good deal on a car that unfortunately got totaled.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Did it have auto temp controls, fog lights, heated seats ? If not, I'd assume it's just an es plus that the dealer put aluminum wheels on. I'm pretty sure all our 15' es plus' have vents under the front seats.

Maybe 14' was a weird year?
    it had all of the above. well, something was weird, it sat stored with 5 other identical cars, except for colors, for 2+ years
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Wow, that is weird! Did the vin on the paper work match the car lol?

On my insurance and registration for my junk, I don't think it shows anything about the trim levels on any of them. If you can try to get a few bucks back from your insurance company it's worth a try.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Wow, that is weird! Did the vin on the paper work match the car lol?

On my insurance and registration for my junk, I don't think it shows anything about the trim levels on any of them. If you can try to get a few bucks back from your insurance company it's worth a try.
    The VINs everywhere are correct and match, bill of sale, sticker on the doorsill, ownership, extended warranty paperwork. My initial call to the insurer at the time of writeoff seemed promising, she was a little amazed at the discrepancy of the actual model verses what the paperwork said. Now I'm waiting for a senior adjuster to get back to me. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

What I need to do is somehow get dollar figures for what 2014 ES models were selling for, both now and used, and dollar figures for loaded SE models, new and used in early 2017.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Nice! That’d be nice if they cut you a cheque. I can’t say I’ve ever heard of that happening ever .