Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirages are in alot of crime stories.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Mirages are in alot of crime stories.

I seem to be seeing more and more murders, assaults, robberies, crimes in general, where the perp is using a Mitsubishi Mirage in the act. Are Mitsubishi Mirage owners more likely to be low income, low IQ, more likely prone to violence, higher rates of drug and alcohol abuse, criminal records? Is the Mirage basically a cheap small version of a Chrysler300? Also Mirages seem to be stolen more and more in many of these criminal acts.

https://www.pottsmerc.com/news/west-...225b35fed.html

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Excluding everyone on here for being the exceptions to the rule, because the high percentage of intelligent minds and dilligent attitudes shows that. But Im talking about the other owners that would never dream of joining an info thread or show any gumption. Is the typical Mirage owner, dare I say? A lowlife? Purely speculative question, your thoughts?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I know barely anyone else with a Mirage. When I go to work I have seen one maybe once on the drive. On my road trip to Florida I saw 1 in all 2100 miles. They may be selling thousands but they still seem pretty rare. Hard to know what the typically owner is when I know so few.

What I do know is when I got this car my insurance went up $15 a month even though this has less than 1/2 the horsepower, worse acceleration, a way lower weight, less likely to roll, and more safety features. (for basic non comprehensive/collision)

Geicos best explanation 3 managers in told me 'Maybe people who drive this type of car are just worse drivers'. I asked him how I was a "jeep" driver while driving a jeep (cheaper) yet when I got this car I instantly turned into one of "those" people that cost more. He then confirmed if I went back to the Jeep the price would go back down. Doesn't make much sense.
    Last edited by Mirageman38; 11-15-2019 at 03:05 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ex rentals are cheap and they'll finance anybody to buy that garbage. Lots of Mirages are coming off the rental fleets now so it wouldn't surprise me to see that happen.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Excluding everyone on here for being the exceptions to the rule, because the high percentage of intelligent minds and dilligent attitudes shows that. But Im talking about the other owners that would never dream of joining an info thread or show any gumption. Is the typical Mirage owner, dare I say? A lowlife? Purely speculative question, your thoughts?
    Are all Escalade owners with 22" rims welfare queens?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Are all Escalade owners with 22" rims welfare queens?
    Lol, brother come on down to Hotlanta, Ill show you some welfare queens at the hospital I work part time at. Im going to get real here, and please Eggman or whatever ban hammer is working tonight, this isnt meant to be provacative or anything, just an observation. The vast majority of Mirage owners I see in my area are black. I rarely see any other demographic driving my car. Once again, no judgements, just an observation. With my credit score, I dont need to be judging anyone but I will say the Mirage is a car I see getting pulled over alot in Atlanta. As if the cops are starting to catch on a significant % of Mirage owners are in violation of their probation or something?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Lol, brother come on down to Hotlanta, Ill show you some welfare queens at the hospital I work part time at. Im going to get real here, and please Eggman or whatever ban hammer is working tonight, this isnt meant to be provacative or anything, just an observation. The vast majority of Mirage owners I see in my area are black. I rarely see any other demographic driving my car. Once again, no judgements, just an observation. With my credit score, I dont need to be judging anyone but I will say the Mirage is a car I see getting pulled over alot in Atlanta. As if the cops are starting to catch on a significant % of Mirage owners are in violation of their probation or something?
    I don't know of a friend, relative, or work colleague that owns a Mitsubishi let alone a Mirage. I only know of one friend that would be interested in a car like a Mirage. In his case, he liked owning a Metro years ago. I see him buying a Spark some day, however. He would have to drive past way to many Chevy dealerships to find a Mirage. Plus, his GM card dictates his purchases. He's replacing his 2011 Equinox, because rust under the vehicle doesn't allow him to lift the car. He's replacing the vehicle with another Equinox, because he can't pass up the discount his GM card gives him.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    I know barely anyone else with a Mirage. When I go to work I have seen one maybe once on the drive. On my road trip to Florida I saw 1 in all 2100 miles. They may be selling thousands but they still seem pretty rare. Hard to know what the typically owner is when I know so few.

What I do know is when I got this car my insurance went up $15 a month even though this has less than 1/2 the horsepower, worse acceleration, a way lower weight, less likely to roll, and more safety features. (for basic non comprehensive/collision)

Geicos best explanation 3 managers in told me 'Maybe people who drive this type of car are just worse drivers'. I asked him how I was a "jeep" driver while driving a jeep (cheaper) yet when I got this car I instantly turned into one of "those" people that cost more. He then confirmed if I went back to the Jeep the price would go back down. Doesn't make much sense.
    Once my Mirage reaches a certain age/value, I will drop comprehensive and collision insurance on it. Cheap economy cars with just liability insurance are hard to beat economically.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't know of a friend, relative, or work colleague that owns a Mitsubishi let alone a Mirage. I only know of one friend that would be interested in a car like a Mirage. In his case, he liked owning a Metro years ago. I see him buying a Spark some day, however. He would have to drive past way to many Chevy dealerships to find a Mirage. Plus, his GM card dictates his purchases. He's replacing his 2011 Equinox, because rust under the vehicle doesn't allow him to lift the car. He's replacing the vehicle with another Equinox, because he can't pass up the discount his GM card gives him.
    We have 3 Mitsubishi dealerships in the metro area alone. I see Mirages more and more, everday Ubering. Alot of Outlanders too. Its a more diverse crowd who owns those.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Once my Mirage reaches a certain age/value, I will drop comprehensive and collision insurance on it. Cheap economy cars with just liability insurance are hard to beat economically.
    I pay $75 a month for my liability insurance. It should be higher but Im not paying an extra $100 dollars to upgrade my insurance for commercial driving purposes. If I get in a wreck with app on Uber's insurance covers it. If I get in a wreck with the app off, my Uber decal is coming off in a flash. I cant have my insurance company knowing I do rideshare, they could drop my policy and thats worse than a DUI, money wise.