Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamp/bulb sizes inventory

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I'm just adding my 2 cents here... I've just finished replacing all my halogens with LED's and I couldn't be happier... My headlights are LED's with heat sinks and fans and the rest are just W5W LED's... The only one I haven't replaced is the interior light... I don't use it that much anyway...

All my LED's are CANBUS error free, you need to specifically search for these particular LED's... :-) Just about to buy my LED fog lights... :-)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Mileage Miser
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Was looking at the links you provided in your build log... awesome work! Knocked some major
    wattage/amperage off the system!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlestan For This Useful Post:

laceygirl (08-31-2015)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl View Post
    I'm just adding my 2 cents here... I've just finished replacing all my halogens with LED's and I couldn't be happier... My headlights are LED's with heat sinks and fans and the rest are just W5W LED's... The only one I haven't replaced is the interior light... I don't use it that much anyway...

All my LED's are CANBUS error free, you need to specifically search for these particular LED's... :-) Just about to buy my LED fog lights... :-)
    As far as I know, only the taillights need to be canbus?

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Apparently its best to get Canbus error free for all, due to all the lights using less power, so it can sometimes make the repeaters work a lot faster to compensate for the lack of power use, buying error free ones, is mean to eliminate this... That's what I've read anyway.... They really don't cost anymore so I figured err on the side of caution... Thanks JT

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.2 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Apparently its best to get Canbus error free for all, due to all the lights using less power, so it can sometimes make the repeaters work a lot faster to compensate for the lack of power use, buying error free ones, is mean to eliminate this... That's what I've read anyway.... They really don't cost anymore so I figured err on the side of caution... Thanks JT
    Oh. I just buy the cheap Chinese LEDs. Under $5 for 10. I never opt for the more expensive ones. Never had any issues that I have been aware of :P

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mistah JT For This Useful Post:

laceygirl (09-02-2015)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    No need for the error free canbus. All LED will work perfectly. Only tail light needs precaution. It's too much hassle to change the tail light anyway.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to m4v3r1ck For This Useful Post:

laceygirl (09-02-2015)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    No need for the error free canbus. All LED will work perfectly. Only tail light needs precaution. It's too much hassle to change the tail light anyway.
    Hi Mav, I'm going to change them (the rear tail lights) anyway... I didn't spend a lot on the bulbs, bout $2 - $7, and they all came with a guarantee of being error free, and at least a six month warranty..... The headlights have a 2 year warranty, they were the most expensive at $45AUD each...

I agree that changing the bulbs in the tail lights is a ridiculous exercise in how the car was constructed, but they are the ones that are used the most... So it kind of makes sense.... If I have hassles with flickering, I'll buy those ridiculously expensive error free, smoked tail lights that are on eBay.....

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Hi Mav, I'm going to change them (the rear tail lights) anyway... I didn't spend a lot on the bulbs, bout $2 - $7, and they all came with a guarantee of being error free, and at least a six month warranty..... The headlights have a 2 year warranty, they were the most expensive at $45AUD each...

I agree that changing the bulbs in the tail lights is a ridiculous exercise in how the car was constructed, but they are the ones that are used the most... So it kind of makes sense.... If I have hassles with flickering, I'll buy those ridiculously expensive error free, smoked tail lights that are on eBay.....
    Hey Lacey, my friend did tried those cheap so called "error free" LED's and the warning on his Mercedes came up immediately.
    It is ridiculous how difficult it is to change the brake light bulbs. The big question is, does those expensive bulbs really worth it?
    My hesitation is due to the fact that I don't see the modification anyway, it's not that everytime I brake that I will search for the red LED brake light on my rear view mirror. I only do easy mods and mods which I can see the result.
    But you're free to do what you want of course. I just think it's a waste of precious time and I rather plastidip parts of the car LOL

When you did the mods, please post a pic. I'm quite curious.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to m4v3r1ck For This Useful Post:

laceygirl (09-02-2015)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I sure will Mav... The globes will take about 3 weeks to get here, so I'll be sure to document the modification on my thread and here....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to laceygirl For This Useful Post:

m4v3r1ck (09-02-2015)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Are everyone's pre-2015 hatch and dome lights the same bulb? This lists the dome light as W5W, but it's 3022 in mine.

Oddly enough, SuperBrightLEDs lists the 3022 for both the dome and hatch, which is wrong for the hatch.