Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Ohio

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I hope your subsequent owner powertrain warranty will cover this, otherwise take your Mirage to a trusty mechanic. Im going thru these variables myself with a possible radiator leak. Service center said the warranty MIGHT cover a replacement, if not, $1400. I called my mech, he said $700. Thank god their are aftermarkets for the radiator. You wont find that with many other key components of the Mirage making these vehicles dealer reliant. If Id known that before hand, I wouldnt have 2 Mirages in my driveway. So far my lil green hatch has been a trooper clocking 100 to 200 miles a day Ubering, no complaints there. However our G4 worries me. First we found out the engine had been mysteriously replaced after 30k miles, they wouldnt tell us why. Then when we having the Rostra cruise added on, the audio guy show that a whole section had been unbolted behind the dash and just left like that. Then I found out the dealership forgot to put an engine filter in my last oil change, and now the radiator......these is all in 8 months and 37k miles on the clock. Considering I pushed my fiance to get the G4 because of the left over warranty and low miles, Im going to be sick to my stomach if these car is a lemon. We cant afford to start all over again, not check to check folks like us. Mitsubishi was to of made these cars just for people like us.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    The heater core is not covered by the powertrain warranty...but it is covered by the 5 year 60,000 mile warranty.

You can read my heater core story here. This was at Walker Mitsubishi.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    The heater core is not covered by the powertrain warranty...but it is covered by the 5 year 60,000 mile warranty.

I thought the 60k was the powertrain warranty and the 100k bumper to bumper?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post

Sounds like just the treatment I am worried about. At least you got some insurance if it gets worse. I really expect the worst whenever I have to deal with car dealers or any warranty service in general.

Some warranty stories over the years...

Bought a Whirlpool fridge about six months ago. Recently noticed buzzing volume increasing to the point it was driving my wife and myself crazy. Still under warranty so I called it in. Nice tech shows up and claims it is normal compressor noise. Nice tech leaves without doing anyting. I rip off the flimsy cardboard cover in the back. After some rearranging of wires and tubing and precise mechanical adjustments (bending ****) the noise has gone away. So far... (fridge guts look like they were put together by a drunken squirrel sadly)

Bought a new furnace about five years ago. Buzzing and rattling while it was running from day of install driving me crazy. Install company sends a tech who takes the cover off and claims not to be able to find a problem. Buzzing and rattling continues. I rip off the cover and find some copper tubing rattling against more copper tubing (10 minutes). More precise mechanical adjustments. Furnace has been quiet to this day.

Bought a 2006 Toyota Corolla. Fantastic car that my son is still driving. Literally a few miles from warranty expiration due to mileage the check engine light comes on. I realize driving to the closest dealer will still put me past the mile limit. Anticipating trouble, I take pictures showing the engine light and miles and call Toyota and explain the situation and where I plan to take the car. I take the car to the dealer and they find a gasket leak and tell me that will be $500 because the car is out of warranty. Much arguing and a call to Toyota later the repair is covered but the dealer service advisor acts like they are doing me a favor. So predictable... So annoying...

Maybe I should just try to fix this myself...

ps I have warranty on the Mirage until 4/2020 so at least I got a few months

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I thought the 60k was the powertrain warranty and the 100k bumper to bumper?
    I think it's 100,000 miles / 160,000 km's powertrain warranty (or 10 years whichever first). Then a new car warranty that's 60,000 miles / 100,000 km's (or 5 years whichever first).

Canada has a new promo that is 10 years unlimited km's warranty, powertrain and 10 year bumper to bumper new car warranty.

My own experience with my 10 year powertrain warranty with my local Mitsubishi dealer has been wishy washy, but I haven't sunk more than $350 dollars in 6 years of Mirage ownership (yet), so not all that bad.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I think it's 100,000 miles / 160,000 km's powertrain warranty (or 10 years whichever first). Then a new car warranty that's 60,000 miles / 100,000 km's (or 5 years whichever first).

Canada has a new promo that is 10 years unlimited km's warranty, powertrain and 10 year bumper to bumper new car warranty.

My own experience with my 10 year powertrain warranty with my local Mitsubishi dealer has been wishy washy, but I haven't sunk more than $350 dollars in 6 years of Mirage ownership (yet), so not all that bad.
    What? Geez, my 3rd Mirage will be brand new. This is ideal for my kid. If I nab a car next year if the promo is still on she'll have full warranty right until she graduates college. This also means I no longer care if the best deal turns out to be a CVT.

10 years unlimited? You KNOW that Mitsubishi really thinks the cars are well built and engineered.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

There’s gotta be a ton of fine print if they’re offering unlimited mileage. Does anyone have a link to this offer? Hate to sound pessimistic but if it sounds too good to be true....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ya, I looked after I posted and No go. It's still 10yr/160kms. Not that I'm complaining.

The best part is that it doesn't matter how many owners the car has been through.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Yesh, we're lucky that way in the canadia.
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-19-2019 at 01:59 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Mirage family!