Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello from NY. Got a '15 to deliver food with.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Lookup peoples economy on fuelly, some people in the philippines get terrible mileage! I assume from idling in gridlock traffic?
    It's all the stickers. Them stickers just kills the fuel economies.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    It's all the stickers. Them stickers just kills the fuel economies.
    Yes, but in exchange you get all those extra sticker horsepowers. Seems like a fair tradeoff.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The place I work for is actually very busy and it won't sit out front for very long literally just long enough to run in and grab the next order. If there's nothing waiting for me I will shut the car off. Also I would love to have somebody come with me to offer opinions on better driving there are nights where I can't afford to drive economically. But for the most part I Coast down the one big hill we have and I rarely hammer on I don't get over 4000 RPM very much. Unfortunately I've been doing this as a second or third job for just about 15 years so I've learned just because you drive aggressively it doesn't really shave much time off plus it raises your risk of getting a ticket exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimitsu View Post
    there are nights where I can't afford to drive economically.
    Eco-driving doesn't necessarily mean slower driving (in urban settings), it means smarter driving: best lane choice (best flow, avoiding slowing/turning cars), general route planning, getting into top gear whenever possible, and the big one mentioned above - not rushing into avoidable slowdowns/stops.

just because you drive aggressively it doesn't really shave much time off
    Yup! People who are in a hurry often drive in a way that doesn't save any time at all, but definitely uses a lot more gas.

When I do coaching, I have the student drive a pre-set route and then I drive the same route to demonstrate techniques. More often than not, I have the higher average speed and the higher MPG.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)