Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Reasonably Priced Car :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage SE (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Reasonably Priced Car
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage SE
    White
    Cvt

37k Km, aftermarket cruise(rostra?), compustart(disconnected), weather tech floor mats, stock tires.

Details

Removed rear emblems.

Stock black/purple heated seats, 6 way drivers.

•  

Stock

•  

Block heater of some kind.

•  

Stock

•  

Stock aluminum wheels and Dunlopís.

Comments: 173 / Views: 12582
    Country
    North Korea
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    That big Outlander GT with the 6cyl engine and traditional speed automatic trans? Or an Eclipse Cross for dirt cheap?
    No, that would be too practical. I wouldn’t spend that much money on something like that lol

My mom says I'm cool

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.4 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,592 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Tomorrow Iím gonna go look at another less popular smallish ďfamily vehicleĒ that has a far better warranty than itís competition. Any guesses?
    Just be sure to avoid those CVTs. I've heard they are problematic and tend to keep their owners awake at night

(I include the smiley to indicate this is a humorous statement.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.7 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-27-2020),MirageRally (06-01-2020)

Country
    North Korea
    Thanks
    Well, it's got a cvt. With a rubber belt even!

I'm thinking of getting a new side by side. Because more is betterer??? I'm finally tired(lazy) of fixing my old junk every time I use it. It goes against everything I tell others(don't buy new, let someone else lose the initial depreciation, blah blah blah...) but for what people are asking for a used one I might as well just buy new for a few grand more and know how it was trashed and maintained from the start.

I know it's an absolute waste of money! It'd be more efficient to take 1/2 the money and put it in my mattress then burn the remainder. Buying an old obscure Dodge convertible potentially full of mouse turds and rust holes is a far more reasonable purchase.
    My mom says I'm cool

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.4 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp)

Would like to see a comparison review with your Mirage when you do it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 58.7 mpg (US) ... 24.9 km/L ... 4.0 L/100 km ... 70.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, it's got a cvt. With a rubber belt even!

I'm thinking of getting a new side by side. Because more is betterer??? I'm finally tired(lazy) of fixing my old junk every time I use it. It goes against everything I tell others(don't buy new, let someone else lose the initial depreciation, blah blah blah...) but for what people are asking for a used one I might as well just buy new for a few grand more and know how it was trashed and maintained from the start.

I know it's an absolute waste of money! It'd be more efficient to take 1/2 the money and put it in my mattress then burn the remainder. Buying an old obscure Dodge convertible potentially full of mouse turds and rust holes is a far more reasonable purchase.
    I don't own a pickup truck, but I would be lost without my 2006 Kawasaki Mule. It's one of the few machines that I bought new. It goes where a pickup truck can't go on my trails. I don't have a fast machine, but it sure does haul amazing loads for its size. Most of all, it's really stable & safe. My dad will be 80 in June, & a machine like this allows me to get him to his deer stand on my property. Whether it's hauling firewood or large bucks, its my primary workhorse. I know many are seen as toys, but I don't feel that way about mine.

Country
    North Korea
    Thanks
    Another Kia? What are you getting?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Another Kia? What are you getting?
    He's getting a side-by-side, which is a UTV (golf cart on steroids) with a rubber belt CVT. That's why I mentioned my Kawasaki Mule. I don't think KIA makes a UTV. You need to guess Honda, Polaris, Yamaha, Kawasaki, etc....

I remember telling a lady cutting my hair about getting a Mule a long time ago. I soon realized after her strange look at me, that she was thinking a real live mule.
    Last edited by Mark; 05-28-2020 at 03:58 AM.

Country
    North Korea
    Thanks
    Kawasaki Teryx. It’s big, slow and heavy. Holy crap it’s crazy how easy people can get sucked into paying way too much for vehicle! Buying new is overpaying in the first place(imho, in most cases) but wow if you aren’t on the ball you’ll end up paying for it dearly. I filled out a credit app, dealer called me hrs after I left. I’m approved......they told me what payments would be including loan insurance and extended warranty and at an interest rate that was twice as high as the best advertised rate. I told the guy I don’t want extra bus warranty or insurance, and there’s no way I don’t qualify for The lowest rate. He said it’s hard to get that rate....we’ll pitter patter lets get atter. I assume the dealer must take a cut of the interest? Not sure wtf the reason for not trying to get me the best rate from the start is other than greed. Anyways, told the guy try again.

In the meantime I made a call and I was offered a “personal loan” at a better rate than my mortgage. Don’t worry it’s not gangster financing. Dealer called me back again said I’m approved at the lower rate. I asked for a cash price and said I’ll likely go that route instead lol.
    I figured now I’m paying cash I had better price match quickly. Called up a dealer 20 mins away, asked for an all in price. The guy wouldn’t help me at all. Said he wastes too much dealing with people like me price matching. If I’m really serious show up in person. I googled that dealership and they own at least three others in the are with horrible reviews.

This crap makes me want to buy a Tesla, no greasy dealers, just straight up fees, no greasy salesman hidden fees etc....
    My mom says I'm cool

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Kawasaki Teryx. Itís big, slow and heavy. Holy crap itís crazy how easy people can get sucked into paying way too much for vehicle! Buying new is overpaying in the first place(imho, in most cases) but wow if you arenít on the ball youíll end up paying for it dearly. I filled out a credit app, dealer called me hrs after I left. Iím approved......they told me what payments would be including loan insurance and extended warranty and at an interest rate that was twice as high as the best advertised rate. I told the guy I donít want extra bus warranty or insurance, and thereís no way I donít qualify for The lowest rate. He said itís hard to get that rate....weíll pitter patter lets get atter. I assume the dealer must take a cut of the interest? Not sure wtf the reason for not trying to get me the best rate from the start is other than greed. Anyways, told the guy try again.

In the meantime I made a call and I was offered a ďpersonal loanĒ at a better rate than my mortgage. Donít worry itís not gangster financing. Dealer called me back again said Iím approved at the lower rate. I asked for a cash price and said Iíll likely go that route instead lol.
    I figured now Iím paying cash I had better price match quickly. Called up a dealer 20 mins away, asked for an all in price. The guy wouldnít help me at all. Said he wastes too much dealing with people like me price matching. If Iím really serious show up in person. I googled that dealership and they own at least three others in the are with horrible reviews.

This crap makes me want to buy a Tesla, no greasy dealers, just straight up fees, no greasy salesman hidden fees etc....
    Buying tips article if interested -

https://goodmuddin.com/best-time-buy-atv-buying-tips/

Personally, I would act (even if it is fake) like I am considering some other competitive brand (Polaris, Can-Am, or whatever) at another dealership. I wouldn't pay for any extras fees like extended warranty or loan insurance. Those are just rip off charges as far as I am concerned, but that's just me. Some may value that I guess.

Every dealers should be able to tell someone what a machine would cost if paying cash. That's not an unreasonable request.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-28-2020)

Country
    North Korea
    Thanks
    Here’s a terrible comparison. Name:  EFFF77C6-E546-4D53-B850-D4FF6736913F.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  98.1 KB I wonder if the mirage will fit in the truck? Name:  690E35C9-11D7-4DDA-83BC-2A5FD75A8144.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  93.3 KB my buddy who is a glass installer is looking forward to me keeping him busy installing back windows lol
    I sold one of my rzr’s today. Listed it Thursday, guy Just showed up with a trailer and a stack of cash. Offered $500 less than asking price. I was asking $2000 more than I really wanted because I figure the majority of people inquire just lowball like mad waiting for someone to bite lol.

My mom says I'm cool

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-01-2020),MirageRally (06-01-2020)