Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2021 Mirage release

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by highwire View Post
    This makes sense, I was wondering why it wasn't showing up in U.S. dealerships in December. It is the 2021 edition. I bought my Mirage last summer, but I would have gone with the yellow color and design had it been available.

Interestingly, yellow is a royal color in Imperial China. Only the emperor could wear anything yellow.
    Bring back Plasma Purple! The colour of Roman emperors, and later appropriated as the colour of Christ.

The new Mirage is UGLY. Well, maybe I need to reflect on the style more. Seems like they took a lot from the GTi playbook, with the red accents on the grille, and the plaid seats. 1985 anyone?

Last edited by dspace9; 01-16-2020 at 05:03 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Most of the auto blogs at the time mentioned 2020, though I was searching google for 2020 rather than 2021,
    Keep in mind: many countries go by actual year of production when describing a car's "year" -- there's no arbitrary "model year" designation like there is in Canada/U.S. It can lead to confusion about a car marketed around the world.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

highwire (01-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Interesting that this is on Mitsubishi Motors Canada's media site, but still no mention of it on the U.S. media site.
    They'll save the U.S. announcement for the "U.S. debut". I think that was New York in 2013 for the 2014 Mirage?

Montreal gets the debut because Quebec is a key market for the Mirage -- and for small cars in general in Canada. EG. over 50% of Canadian Nissan Micra sales were in Quebec. I'm sure the Mirage pattern is similar.

EDIT: timely Quebec sales stats from another site covering the Montreal debut...

the cute little subcompact’s allure in La Belle Province, which accounted for almost 40 per cent of all the Mirages sold in Canada last year.
    It's even more important now that Nissan has pulled the plug on the Canadian Micra (again).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    [ATTACH]16826[/ATTACH

I think that would be a great new homepage banner header!
    (blank signature)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, New York is in April '20.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Bring back Plasma Purple! The colour of Roman emperors, and later appropriated as the colour of Christ.

The new Mirage is UGLY. Well, maybe I need to reflect on the style more. Seems like they took a lot from the GTi playbook, with the red accents on the grille, and the plaid seats. 1985 anyone?
    I actually like the plaid throwback to 1985.

When i think of plasma purple I think of lava lamps, lol. Roman emperors using lava lamps would be a prochronism.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to highwire For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

I love this pic from the press release photo package:

Attachment 16826
    The new look is more in line with everything else in Mitsubishi's line up.

Personally, I don't think any of the three fronts for the Mirage look all that bad. It surely wouldn't be a factor in a my decision to buy one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The new look is more in line with everything else in Mitsubishi's line up.

Personally, I don't think any of the three fronts for the Mirage look all that bad. It surely wouldn't be a factor in a my decision to buy one.
    Definitely wasn't a deal breaker- I am actually happy my 2019 included a large display screen, even if not full GPS built-in. The improvements from the 2014-5 grille are much more palatable in my decision to go with it. The grille looks like it lets the engine "breathe" more rather than looking sealed shut in the 2014-15.

Edit: I realize most grille designs are largely cosmetic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grille_(car)#Design
    Last edited by highwire; 01-16-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well shoot... my wife just bought a 2020 Mirage to replace her 2012 Yaris because of an accident. I like the new design.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I actually like the plaid throwback to 1985.

When i think of plasma purple I think of lava lamps, lol. Roman emperors using lava lamps would be a prochronism.
    Usually I pride myself with having a big vocabulary, but prochronism is a new one for me.

Mirage Forum's autocorrect really wants to make the word anachronism. Anyway, in laymen's terms I'm thinking Casio wrist-watch in a cowboy movie, or a take-out coffee cup in Game of Thrones.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)