Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2021 Mirage release

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Sounds like you're done with buying new economy cars then? Serious question. It seems they've all gone in the same direction, Mirage just being the last to the party.
    If I was buying a Mirage today, I wouldn't buy a new one. When I bought the one I have now, they were going for $9,000 new. Less than $10,000 OTD. Used 2017 Mirage manuals didn't exist in 2017, & new ones were cheaper than some of used 2015.

Used low mileage 2017+ Mirage ES manuals & 2017 SE manuals for $8,000-10,000 do exist now. I would focus on those these days.

My Mirage is my beater car, not my main car. I wouldn't pay more than $10,000 for a Mirage new or used. That's me. I don't expect everyone to look at it like me. I like base level cars. I may be weird I guess.

Vehicles are not investments. I tried to buy what seems to be the best value at the time. Adding more features to a cheap Mirage doesn't make it more appealing to someone like me.

I have a good job. I work extra jobs, too. I could buy nicer vehicles, but I have other interests that also cost money.

Last edited by Mark; 04-03-2020 at 09:12 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-03-2020),MetroMPG (04-03-2020)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark brings up a good point. It sounds like he and I have had the same experience. I got my new '17 Mirage for $9,600. that is a great deal. However, used ones are going for not a whole lot less now.

FWIW, we signed up for the 2022 Alcan Summer Rally. I'm toying with the idea of taking a cheap Mirage on the 5,000+ mile extraganza. You can get '14-15 models pretty cheap.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    This pricing allows some room when negotiating a purchase. It makes financing easier and gives dealers wiggle room for discounts that helps close a sale. Pretty sure this has been mentioned before. I know it doesn't make sense to us regular folks, but there's a lot of this going on out there.

But it stinks for car buyers who are up against a wall with low buying power and need a car now.
    Last edited by Eggman; 04-03-2020 at 04:55 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I could buy nicer vehicles, but I have other interests that also cost money.
    Hookers and blow can get expensive lol
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Mark (04-03-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I was thinking of owning hunting land, replacing my 35 year old ATV some day, buying a new compound bow, etc..

But you bring up a good point. Those other items cost money, too!

I don't like car payments. If I have a car payment, I put buying on hold. That's why I buy what I can afford. I should just buy a new car & finance it for 8 years. It would keep me from buying other toys maybe?

If your Mirage is main thing in your life, owning one with more features may be more important. I get that! Everyone is different.

If Mitsubishi is going to offer 4-5 trim levels anyway, it would be nice if they were actually quite different. Presently, they aren't that different. Imagine GM offering 4 trim levels of pickup trucks, and the price difference was $2,000 between all of them.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Speaking of cocaine and hoes, theres a great new series called "Tales from the Tour Bus" by Mike Judge about Rick James, Prince, Waylon Jennings, James Brown etc raising hell and being awsome. For those bored at home, check out this link. Its hilarious!

https://youtu.be/oTn8tRlpmkc

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    This pricing allows some room when negotiating a purchase. It makes financing easier and gives dealers wiggle room for discounts that helps close a sale. Pretty sure this has been mentioned before. I know it doesn't make sense to us regular folks, but there's a lot of this going on out there.

But it stinks for car buyers who are up against a wall with low buying power and need a car now.
    If anyone read the article someone shared about Honda in Australia yesterday, Honda may go one pricing for their vehicles. No negotiating.

Shopping for a Mirage was much harder than it needed to be when I bought one. I was willing to go to the best deal, but the deal came to me. Even then, it was a dealer 4 hours away. I get why people buy Chevy Sparks, even though I wouldn't want one.
    Last edited by Mark; 04-03-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Dirk Digger...
    That is awesome new show to watch thanks

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggoytia View Post
    Dirk Digger...
    That is awesome new show to watch thanks
    My pleasure. I never knew George Clinton from P-Funk carried a lucky crack rock in his pocket on tour.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yup that looks promising. Burn the damn drapes then casually call in his "nice voice" about cigarette setting off fire alarm.
    Hahaha

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ggoytia For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-15-2020)