Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2021 Mirage release

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    So the active cruise and accident avoidance are in fact standard, eh?

Well, I guess a 2020 Mirage will be the last year I can ever buy. ****. That sucks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Doesn’t look like it’s standard unless you get there top spec models. And buy one from built for the Thailand market? I’m not sure if any specs for North American cars are out yet? https://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.th/...-mirage/174475
    Last edited by Fummins; 12-09-2019 at 02:15 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am not pro lane departure and such but the active/radar cruise is amazing and so is the braking notice when you do not pay attention. I love it!
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
    I am not pro lane departure and such but the active/radar cruise is amazing and so is the braking notice when you do not pay attention. I love it!
    smh....

2021 Mirage North American debut today

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 2152
Size:  48.9 KB
    (First photo of a Canada/U.S. spec 2021 Mirage -- note the passenger wiper arm.)

Mitsubishi North America is again using Montreal as the location for a Mirage unveiling (the 2014 model also made its Canada/US debut there in 2013).

Notable:

• available "late summer" as a 2021 model
    • safety features: Forward Collision Mitigation, Lane Departure Warning, Automatic High Beams
    • new interior fabrics and a 7” display
    • new colours: sand yellow / white diamond

MITSUBISHI MIRAGE, CANADA’S MOST FUEL-EFFICIENT GAS-POWERED CAR PREMIERES IN MONTRÉAL WITH SIGNIFICANT MAKEOVER
    New Mirage Stands Alongside Mitsubishi’s Evolving 2020 Lineup
    Montréal, Québec – January 16, 2020 – Mitsubishi Mirage, making its North American Premiere today at the Montréal International Auto Show, benefits from a significant makeover meant to sharpen its looks and introduce new advanced safety features. It launches in dealerships late summer as model year 2021. The newly designed vehicle sits alongside Mitsubishi’s 2020 lineup at the auto show offering first signs of a brand that is transforming.

“On the heels of the redesigned RVR launch, Mitsubishi Mirage is another example of our efforts to transform our brand in Canada,” said Juyu Jeon (JJ), president and CEO, Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. (MMSCAN) “As we look ahead, by the end of this year, our customers will have a new Mitsubishi experience with all-new or substantially refreshed product in newly designed modern dealerships.”

Mitsubishi Mirage has the distinction of being Canada’s most fuel efficient gas-powered non-hybrid in Canada**, a feature that has drawn 65 per cent of its customers who value fuel efficiency first followed by a low purchase cost, low running costs, and reliability backed by Mitsubishi’s best-in-class warranty. Now with a striking new design, Canadians will find in Mitsubishi Mirage new reasons to step into one of Canada’s most affordable vehicles.

Added Steve Carter, Director, Marketing, MMSCAN, “As an entry model to the brand, Mirage plays an important role to our future growth. The Mirage customer is extremely pragmatic much more so than those in the competitor set. Fuel efficiency is their first-priority and Mirage delivers. With the new sharp design and new features, we expect Mirage to be in an even better position to touch more drivers in the year ahead.”

Main highlights of the restyled Mitsubishi Mirage include:

• New front and rear design
    • Refined interior, including available seven-inch Smartphone-link Display Audio Screen with available Apple CarPlay and Android Auto™
    • New advanced safety features: Forward Collision Mitigation, Lane Departure Warning, Automatic High Beams

Dynamic Shield Design Anchors Assertive Design

First introduced in concept form in 2014, the “Dynamic Shield” front face has since been deployed to Mitsubishi Motors vehicles most recently in the redesigned RVR, and now the Mirage, bringing continuity of design to the entire Canadian lineup.

The whole front of the car ahead of the windshield (bonnet, wings, bumper, grille, lighting system – LED) has been totally redesigned with the signature Mitsubishi Dynamic Shield, bringing a sense of motion, protection and craftmanship.

The styling sweeps around the sides toward the middle nose in a protective embrace. This and the square grille lines with its horizontal/vertical bar pattern, give the front end a more powerful and sharper look. The optimized lamp layout makes the front look wider and more stable. The styling of the multi-bulb LED combination lamps connects them visually with the grille and with the fog lamps located at the bumper corners.

At the rear with a new, wider and sharper bumper, the car looks lower and wider with a renewed sense of proportion further enhanced by the design of the new rear L-shared (LED) tail lamps.

The 2021 Mirage also benefits from wide-spoke 15” machine cut alloy wheels.

In the interior, drivers and passengers will enjoy more refinement with new fabrics and a large 7” Smartphone-link Audio Display system with available Apple CarPlay and Android AutoTM.

More Cool Colours

Known for its colourful palette options, Mirage introduces two new colours to its portfolio, including Sand Yellow metallic and White Diamond.

Enhancing Safety

Mirage comes equipped with a wide array of safety features and technologies including seven airbag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), Hill Start Assist, four-wheel anti-lock brakes, Active Stability Control and Mitsubishi Motors’ patented high-tech Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) impact-absorbing safety cell technology. In the event of a collision, the RISE system’s energy-absorbing body structure helps to dissipate kinetic energy away from the driver and passengers.

New for Model Year 2021, Mitsubishi is introducing advanced safety features¹ including:

• Forward Collision Mitigation system (FCM) with Pedestrian Detection– FCM helps prevent a frontal collision or reduce the severity of that collision if it becomes unavoidable, detecting both vehicles and pedestrians via camera and laser radar.
    • Lane Departure Warning (LDW) – LDW uses an onboard camera to monitor lane position in front of the vehicle, audibly and visually alerting the driver if it detects the vehicle unintentionally leaving its lane
    • Automatic High Beams (AHB) – These headlights automatically adjust between brightness levels depending on the surrounding lights.

Efficiency First

Mitsubishi’s efficiency-first engineering philosophy is behind a weight management strategy that offers structural optimization and extensive use of high-tensile steel of the overall structure resulting in low overall weight and excellent structural rigidity. Advanced aerodynamics are employed to further the vehicle’s efficiency.

Responsive Horsepower for More Efficient Driving

The 2021 Mirage continues to utilize a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder DOHC engine featuring the latest version of Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control (MIVEC) variable valve-timing system that maximizes fuel efficiency and power output while greatly minimizing exhaust emissions.

Mirage offers drivers a standard and efficient inline-three-cylinder engine that produces 78 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 74 lb.-ft torque at 4,000 rpm.

The current Mitsubishi Mirage offers fuel economy of 6.6/5.6/6.2*** city/highway/combined L/100 km when equipped with the optional continuously variable transmission (CVT). It is the leading fuel efficient gas-powered non-hybrid vehicle on the road in Canada, according to 2020 Natural Resources of Canada (NRCAN) Fuel Efficiency Ratings.

Warranty

All Mitsubishi Motors vehicles are backed by one of the world’s best warranties - 10-year or 160,000-km limited powertrain warranty and a five-year or 100,000-km limited new vehicle warranty along with five years, unlimited mileage roadside assistance.

More than 665,000 (2012 to November 2019) Mitsubishi Motors Mirage have been sold globally in 90+ countries of which 138,836 units were sold in North America. By year-end 2019, 16,490 of Mitsubishi Mirage’s were purchased by Canadians since its launch.

Pricing and Packaging for model year 2021 Mirage will be announced prior to its launch in summer 2020.
    Source: https://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/...th-significant

I love this pic from the press release photo package:

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1762
Size:  47.8 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-16-2020),davidricardo86 (01-14-2021),Top_Fuel (01-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    available "late summer" as a 2021 model
    Hmmm...sounds like a potential rebate situation later this year to help dealers reduce their inventory of the "old" body style.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

A repeat of 2015 blow-out pricing to get rid of the ol' mail-slot Mirages!

That would be great.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-16-2020)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Interesting that this is on Mitsubishi Motors Canada's media site, but still no mention of it on the U.S. media site. Probably just because of the Montreal show.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Interesting that this is on Mitsubishi Motors Canada's media site, but still no mention of it on the U.S. media site. Probably just because of the Montreal show.
    The 2020 (or 2021) Mirage with new facelift was first revealed in Thailand in November 2019 (18th, to be exact). Several websites at the time released pictures, but I have not seen any dealerships with the car, leading me to think it is the 2021 edition. Most of the auto blogs at the time mentioned 2020, though I was searching google for 2020 rather than 2021, which might explain why.

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...itted-out.html

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    (First photo of a Canada/U.S. spec 2021 Mirage -- note the passenger wiper arm.)

Mitsubishi North America is again using Montreal as the location for a Mirage unveiling (the 2014 model also made its Canada/US debut there in 2013).
    This makes sense, I was wondering why it wasn't showing up in U.S. dealerships in December. It is the 2021 edition. I bought my Mirage last summer, but I would have gone with the yellow color and new design had it been available.

Interestingly, yellow was a royal color in Imperial China. Only the emperor could wear anything yellow.

Last edited by highwire; 01-16-2020 at 05:07 PM.