Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 Years of Ownership Dott and Dolores

How do you like them? I find the stock lights okay under 80k, any faster and I just drive by feel.

I'm not worried about getting pulled over and having a cop examine my headlight bulbs. Well, I'm not worried about it in the city. In country bumpkin small town I'd be a little worried. I find people who drive around with led light bars more annoying myself.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Check your local laws. MOST areas, LEDs and HIDs are both illegal in a state dard halogen housing.
    Check if you have any concern. It's up to Transport Canada to determine allowable bulb types. The provinces have some leeway in they can allow/ban light bars, the # of headlights etc., but the actual construction is out of the provinces hands. Perhaps the US allows states to restrrict other specs. If your light don't blind others you have little to worry about.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-06-2019)

I flashed a ghost truck before with a 40" light bar I had zip tied on the roof of my caravan. He pulled a u turn in front of me making me slam on the brakes so I hit the lights, and seconds later he turned on his hidden red and blue strobe lights and took off after someone else. I cleaned the pooh from my seat and changed directions.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Lol true. Let me know what you find, or your theory about interchangeability of the 2014s when you can amigo.

I still have almost 6 years of warranty left so it might be a while but it'll probably be denied if I make a claim so who knows.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I flashed a ghost truck before with a 40" light bar I had zip tied on the roof of my caravan. He pulled a u turn in front of me making me slam on the brakes so I hit the lights, and seconds later he turned on his hidden red and blue strobe lights and took off after someone else. I cleaned the pooh from my seat and changed directions.
    1. Pictures! (except for the last part.)
    2. Different part numbers might indicate a change in TCU programming?
    3. The difference might also lie with the early 2014 starter grinding stuff.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Admin note: moved Dirk's CVT replacement discussion to:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...g-it-installed

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    1. Pictures! (except for the last part.)
    2. Different part numbers might indicate a change in TCU programming?
    3. The difference might also lie with the early 2014 starter grinding stuff.
    1. This is all I got Attachment 16319
    2. Maybe? I didn’t see and tcu/Tcm or any other confuser inside the cvts. Just solenoids and sensors.
    3. Good call, the tab calls for longer dowel pins. The cvt cooler was different too I believe, but they looks the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Admin note: moved Dirk's CVT replacement discussion to:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...g-it-installed
    But I thought this was how to source a used cvt thread?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (12-07-2019),MetroMPG (12-07-2019)