Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: 10-pickups-and-7-cars-built-to-crumble-the-second-they-left-the-dealership.

Here's another good one calling the Mirage a Lemon..... This guy should win an award lol https://www.thethings.com/new-cars-n...-they-are-bad/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (04-18-2020),precisionxt (04-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Here's another good one calling the Mirage a Lemon..... This guy should win an award lol https://www.thethings.com/new-cars-n...-they-are-bad/
    I hate these sorts of bullsh!t clickbait articles. It is always just some smug jackass selectively regurgitating what others have said, and normally doing so with poor, obviously unedited grammar.

Anytime I see "Top Ten Worst ____ You Can Buy Today" I don't even bother clicking on them, because I know it will be one of those lists that I have to click on 20-25 times to get to the end of.

Then they will want me to take some kind of online IQ test.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Then they will want me to take some kind of online IQ test.
    You get a free IQ test? Why do you get one? I never get an IQ test...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Whose complaining about drivetrain troubles, besides me lol. Seriously though, these cars are rated good for reliabilty on carcomplaints.com and average on JD Power? So subjective.
    carcomplaints.com, I had never visited that site til today.

Also, someone mentioned Consumer Reports. I was bored waiting at the pharmacy a few months ago, and flipping through their various freebie magazines. One was CR. The black and white cheap paper edition, not the glossy one.

Anyways, Mirage gets above average for reliability. Mirage's other scores are lower compared to Honda, but reliability is right up there. So there you go.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-18-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    carcomplaints.com, I had never visited that site til today.

Also, someone mentioned Consumer Reports. I was bored waiting at the pharmacy a few months ago, and flipping through their various freebie magazines. One was CR. The black and white cheap paper edition, not the glossy one.

Anyways, Mirage gets above average for reliability. Mirage's other scores are lower compared to Honda, but reliability is right up there. So there you go.
    JD power rated Mirage reliability poor.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-18-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    JD power rated Mirage reliability poor.
    A lot of times, what they are telling you about is what they feel is the car's predicted reliability. This is why Hondas still get high marks even though as far as reliability-by-make goes they have slipped to the middle of the pack behind Toyota/Lexus and the Koreans. Hondas in the past have been quite reliable.

It has nothing to do with the car's actual reliability...really, it is little more than an educated guess.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-18-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Is your car out of warranty? How do you go about finding parts whilst avoiding Mitsubishi OEM parts? Napa, AutoZone, dont carry much at all as far as parts go. 1 selection of belts, wrong size drum shoes, no alternators at all, 1 selection of compressors, 2 selections of front brake pads, no after market 14 x 4.5 wheels. I think Mitsu engineered this car to make it as dealer reliant as possible. F%ck Mitsu.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Is your car out of warranty? How do you go about finding parts whilst avoiding Mitsubishi OEM parts? Napa, AutoZone, dont carry much at all as far as parts go. 1 selection of belts, wrong size drum shoes, no alternators at all, 1 selection of compressors, 2 selections of front brake pads, no after market 14 x 4.5 wheels. I think Mitsu engineered this car to make it as dealer reliant as possible. F%ck Mitsu.
    At 144,000 miles, it is way out of warranty. I buy used parts, and only buy new when I have to. These cars have changed very little over the past five years, and it does not take much to total a low-mile Mirage in an accident.

If I ever have a major engine or transmission problem, my intention is to buy a used low-mile engine/transmission as a unit and swap it in complete.

Chassis has 150,000 miles....engine/trans/clutch has 15,000 miles. Like a new car again.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    At 144,000 miles, it is way out of warranty. I buy used parts, and only buy new when I have to. These cars have changed very little over the past five years, and it does not take much to total a low-mile Mirage in an accident.

If I ever have a major engine or transmission problem, my intention is to buy a used low-mile engine/transmission as a unit and swap it in complete.

Chassis has 150,000 miles....engine/trans/clutch has 15,000 miles. Like a new car again.
    Will a pick n pull get the parts out for you? What's the novice, like me, course of action if say, I need a used alternator. Will a private shop order it for me?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    You get a free IQ test? Why do you get one? I never get an IQ test...

Because I am smart.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-18-2020)