Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price check 2015 mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Price check 2015 mirage

I was looking at a mirage for $2500 last week but decided it was too rough for me. Now I'm looking at a white 2015 with 12k miles on it. CVT, base model car. Asking price is currently $4800.

The car has a salvage title. The owner says it has a new headlight, fender and hood and that he's owned and driven it for 3 years. The next cheapest car in my area was a 2015 with 32k miles for $5500 for reference.

If i can get this car for $4500 do you guys think that's pretty decent?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibles View Post
    I was looking at a mirage for $2500 last week but decided it was too rough for me. Now I'm looking at a white 2015 with 12k miles on it. CVT, base model car. Asking price is currently $4800.

The car has a salvage title. The owner says it has a new headlight, fender and hood and that he's owned and driven it for 3 years. The next cheapest car in my area was a 2015 with 32k miles for $5500 for reference.

If i can get this car for $4500 do you guys think that's pretty decent?
    not with a salvage title. Your insurance company might not cover a salvage titled vehicle. Keep looking

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think its decent.but I don't know what a salvage title means in terms of.insuring or getting a fair value if someone writes it off for you. Believe it or not, Ontario with 13 million people doesn't have salvage titles.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My mistake, it’s a rebuilt title car. In Minnesota that means it’s been inspected by the state after being fixed. I may be limited to only liability insurance on it but I know I can insure it without an issue.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    id stay away from the salvage title. Im in Canada and just got a 2015 for $5900 licensed and certified out the door with 81k on it. Id buy from a reputable used dealer in your area or a good condition private sale.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Its a tough call. If the car.is great and it should be with that low mileage then I'd take it to the dealer and tell them to inspect it.with a fine tooth comb. Especially the alignment. You want to make sure the car is square and not twisted.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I would say its a decent deal. I wouldn't say its amazing, but its decent.

I've owned several salvage title cars over the years. I've never really had any abnormal issues with them.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Out here to repair a written off vehicle you need pics of before it was repaired. If the owner has before pics and it was only hit light in the front I'd consider it if he's willing to drop the price. I assume you have no warranty in the states for rebuilt vehicles just like here? I've insured a bunch of rebuilt title vehicles and never had a problem insuring them. I have one that's been written off that's headed to get some body work and a rebuilt title right now. It was hit in the drivers wheel, I replaced the strut as it was snapped in half. It needs the front door pillar pulled out, a fender, hood, front bumper, and door. And a windshield of course. Insurance company wrote it off claiming over $6000 damage. We have most of the parts already so it'll be a relatively cheap fix.

The price does seem high for a rebuilt title to me. And who knows maybe the car has 60k as the mileage can easily be changed in 2 mins.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree with you guys for the most part. I think it needs to be a lot closer to $4k to be a good deal. Not sure I can talk him down $800 though. Maybe it isn’t worth the hassle.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Man, after seeing these prices did I get ripped off? We spent $6500 on the 2014 @ 45k miles and $9500 2017 G4 @ 37k miles. I know there's alot less rust damage on cars down here in the south and that could up used cars prices, but damn these posted prices with such low miles is alarming!